• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hey - let's wake up here! ASM 14 help with grading

19 posts in this topic

this baby is being graded as we speak (well maybe not since it's sunday). what am i going to get when i pick it up next week?? unfortunately, those are two small tears in the center of the back cover lower edge. never knew they were there until i decided to send it in.

again, part of my original off-the-rack purchases, this one around the Spring of 1964. i would only collect comics until ASM #21............ frown.gif

1075803849817_ASM_14_front.jpg

1074706357181_ASM_14_back.jpg

Even with the Tears I'd give it a 8.5...ALL your books have GREAT Eye Appeal, so they should bring slightly more than the "Normal" slabbed books in the SAME Grade...Good Luck, and let the Forum Members know when your Ready to sell them, I'm sure you will get your share of Fair offers!!

I wish I had kept my childhood books in this great of condition.

Mine were usually rolled up in my back pocket ready for a break from terrorizing the neighborhood.

I love seeing scans of your books.

Post more!

They seem to grade this book pretty tough. I have a CGC VF/NM, and it has very little wear.

You got scuffing on the spine side, looks like very light creasing at the bottom of the middle of the book, a little creasing near the Hulk's head all on the front cover.

There's a "bump" on the top of the spine on the back cover and the big problem is of course the two tears.

I think because of the tears in the back, that it would be tough to get anything higher than a 7.5.

But I'm going to say they will give it a 7.0, because they seem to grade it strict.

Still a very nice book.

Sorry for the 7.0, but it is what I thought it would be.

I do believe you would be able to sell it for more than a normal 7.0, since the wear is mostly on the back.

Also, please tell us the page quality of all the books.