• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show Us Your silver age "hard to find in high grade" books!

1,000 posts in this topic

Ok, had a lot of time on my hands today to scan and post some books.

This bunch, while not particularily hard to find issues, are the devil to find in high grade. I think they all represent the highest graded copies.

photo HOUSEMYSTERY85_zps9cccb012.jpg

This one got the grade I hoped for when submitting it. I couldn't find a flaw anywhere on it.

photo HOUSEMYSTERY94_zpsf005560a.jpg

photo HOUSEMYSTERY104_zps3e416294.jpg

photo HOUSESECRETS25_zpsf89caa66.jpg

So YOU'RE the swine who outbid me on the HOM 85.....glad to see it went to a worthy home. Those Kirby fantasy issues are a bear to find in Fine or better.....GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

This bunch, while not particularily hard to find issues, are the devil to find in high grade. I think they all represent the highest graded copies.

This one got the grade I hoped for when submitting it. I couldn't find a flaw anywhere on it.

Sweet books. The #85 is one of my fav. ever non-war comics. Fantastic!

So YOU'RE the swine who outbid me on the HOM 85.....glad to see it went to a worthy home. Those Kirby fantasy issues are a bear to find in Fine or better.....GOD BLESS...

I wanted that book as well + forgot to bid!!! :tonofbricks::boo: Kirby would of course repeat himself here, which is another tough book:

TTA1692.jpg

I finally completed the entire Rex run 1-46 last year. Here are a few.

REX12_zpsface2406.jpg

Added to my must get list (if I can ever find it). Love the tornado-on-the-farm scene, and the colors.

Rex should have left her outside -- she might have ended up in OZ. :D

I wanted that book as well + forgot to bid!!! :tonofbricks::boo: Kirby would of course repeat himself here, which is another tough book:

TTA1692.jpg

I hadn't noticed that Kirby swiped himself with those covers. Pretty unusual for him, I think. hm

TTA1692.jpg

I hadn't noticed that Kirby swiped himself with those covers. Pretty unusual for him, I think. hm

Only time I'm aware of, but would love to see more examples if they exist. (thumbs u

Those Rex books of Adam's are unreal. They just don't come along anymore.

Korvac's TTA 16, so, so sweet.

I didn't think I had any chance of getting the HOM 85. A decent HG copy of that one has been elusive for forever , it seems. This thread has showcased some bodacious books. Keep em' coming.

I think he could do that all day long to us.

Maybe part of the day.... :shy:

Rex43.jpg