• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

think this is legit? GA capt amer 66 on ebay for $1595...

15 posts in this topic

total newbie on this board but need some advice... I'm really interested in this book on ebay but it's so hard to know if I can trust anyone there, esp. with this kind of dough... it's a GA Cap #66 for $1595... says Ohio pedigree and one of the rarest found / offered... any thoughts / advice? thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350316198569&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

I think the big issue people had with Pop's stems from back when they used to sell mainly raw and would avoid giving a book an actual grade and bury the descriptions of the flaws in massive blocks of text - and sometimes not altogether in one place.

I will say that while their prices aren't cheap - they don't seem absurdly high either - and many books do have a best offer option.

I used to own that book. Sold it in 2001 or so. The only thing that should be added to the description is that the reason for the 6.0 is a light crease running down the middle of the front cover, similar to a subscription crease but it doesn't go the length of the book.

Think it was them had my old Headline 8 a couple of weeks ago for $550. I asked about it and they said they forwarded my question to the owner from whom I never heard from. which is ok, I was just curious. It was the first book I ever owned that popped up later that I knew was mine.

I used to own that book. Sold it in 2001 or so. The only thing that should be added to the description is that the reason for the 6.0 is a light crease running down the middle of the front cover, similar to a subscription crease but it doesn't go the length of the book.

This is somewhat typical for Ohio copies, is it not?

This is somewhat typical for Ohio copies, is it not?

(thumbs u

this same copy sold for 2495 not too long ago...I just can't recall where I saw it sell for that, but I have it in my notes from when I was putting the run together hm

this same copy sold for 2495 not too long ago...I just can't recall where I saw it sell for that, but I have it in my notes from when I was putting the run together hm

That sale shows in GPA back in June '08. In '05 it was sold for $1,265.

hm

I knew I remember it selling for a bunch...I think it was ebay (shrug)