• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MS5 Record in the making

160 posts in this topic

Gotta disagree with you there. I said this about a year ago in a MS5 thread and I'll say it again. If the movie gets made and Cage is in it MS5 in 9.4 will be a $1500+ book. That will be movie hype price but it will happen in my opinion. So if you can get one right now for $1000 it's still a good "investment", assuming you believe my prediction. Probably risky as the ROI won't be that high and there's a chance the movie never gets made but still some upward potential on that book in the short term. I would compare it to ASM 129. Both second tier characters with a non #1 issue first appearance. MS5 has a couple of things going for it that ASM 129 doesn't. ASM had higher readership and so logically there are probably more copies out there, MS5 is tougher in HG due to the black cover, if Cage is in a GR movie it will be considerably higher profile than the Punisher movie. All this of course assumes that a GR movie is made.

well i guess it goes to the semantics of the term "good investment". To me a good investment is one with a minimum of doubling your money with little risk in a short time. For me , that point has been surpassed by this book. I think it could sell fro $1500 around movie time, sure, but i could do a lot better with the $950.

well i guess it goes to the semantics of the term "good investment". To me a good investment is one with a minimum of doubling your money with little risk in a short time. For me , that point has been surpassed by this book. I think it could sell fro $1500 around movie time, sure, but i could do a lot better with the $950.

Please send me a line to a "good investment" ! If I could turn $950 into $1500 in a year, I'd "invest" my savings, give up work and [!@#%^&^] off to the beach for the next 12 months. I really don't think life is that easy [that isn't a comment on this particular book, which rates on my interest scale slightly less than shopping for curtains].

i am giving up work in 2 weeks! thumbsup2.gif

seriously though, its as simple as buying low & selling high. With that comes the ability to find the material and have good ideas about what will move. I am not infallable, no one is. The most important thing is finding things cheaply. Its too late for MS5 for that. I'd never risk $950 on one book if it was at an all time high. Would i spend $950 on a book thats going for $1500 right now, of course! Thats all i am saying.

I am not complaining supa! Of course, i think i paid the 2nd highest price for that book in 9.2, but i bought it because i wanted it, and it was the right copy for me. In that instance, it doesn't really matter to me. thumbsup2.gif

you forgot to mention the QP! makepoint.giftongue.gifgrin.gif

**SHAMELESS PLUG WARNING**

Quality raw copies soon to hit eBay. Offers considered before then. The top left corner on the GR1 - is distributor ink only. The black distributor ink quarreled with the black cover ink causing spots where neither ink really took! Looks much better in person.

Dan

ms5.jpg

gr1.jpg

JC 10_9_133.gif woulda stop talking about Hulk 181 going down, I'm trying to snipe one and I think its gonna happen in the next month or so - especially if Ewerts 9.4 just sold for $1800 and change 4_2_112.gif Help a board member out man, when I came back to the hobby 2 years ago 181 was outta sight, might now get one for under 1750 in 9.4 so keep it on the low down.

smile.gif thx