• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009 group shots

57 posts in this topic

The Junior was actually a bit of a beater but it was still all there. It ended up being a really good deal for me I sold what I had doubles of and I kept quite a bit for myself at basically no cost :)

The Junior was actually a bit of a beater but it was still all there. It ended up being a really good deal for me I sold what I had doubles of and I kept quite a bit for myself at basically no cost :)

Best kind of deals (thumbs u

Well, you did really well there. That is like a mouse finding a pile of cheese, a monkey finding a pile of bananas, a cat finding a mound of catnip, a dog finding a street full of fire hydrants, or a manatee finding a cabbage patch. You were the right person in the right place at the right time. Totally cosmic!

Part of a large Golden Age Canadian OO collection I acquired from a couple in Vancouver BC in October 2009:

HEROES1.jpg

The highlight was the Canadian Heroes Vol 1 # 5 First App of Canada Jack that I had certified by CGC for posterity:

CdnHeroes.jpg

CdnHeroesLabel.jpg

There were several Freelance Comics in the collection as well:

FREELANCESHOWCASE.jpg

The highlight was the Canadian Heroes Vol 1 # 5 First App of Canada Jack that I had certified by CGC for posterity:

CdnHeroes.jpg

Man, it doesn't get more Canadian than that! A hockey hero, RCMP, and "Canada Jack" to boot!

Nice shots EC! But stop luring me into Canadian GA collecting... (tsk)

Here are my group shots of some fave pickups from 2009. Along the lines of what Andy said -- it's a bit sobering just how many GA books I acquired in a year. (Not pictured: Tec #32, many Schomburgs, a few stray Catmans, and about a 2' stack of pulps and duck books!)

95097.jpg

95098.jpg

Thanks, guys!

I like that mix!!!

You know, when it comes to GA collecting, I tend to go back and forth between 'reasonably focused' and 'completely all over the place'. I guess that's part of the fun though!

Thanks, guys!

I like that mix!!!

You know, when it comes to GA collecting, I tend to go back and forth between 'reasonably focused' and 'completely all over the place'. I guess that's part of the fun though!

I agree fully!

I am a Batman homer and like to think I would focus it all on Batman. But the fact is there are so many great books out there it would be a shame not to expand my horizons!

Just started buying so Marvel Mystery books and love them - never thought I would own any.

I'm a self promoted 90% Batman collector and 10% everything else ;)

Here are my group shots of some fave pickups from 2009. Along the lines of what Andy said -- it's a bit sobering just how many GA books I acquired in a year. (Not pictured: Tec #32, many Schomburgs, a few stray Catmans, and about a 2' stack of pulps and duck books!)

95097.jpg

95098.jpg

beautiful books, looks like you had a great year!

I was talking with Adamstrange the other day and he asked if I had put together a 2009 group shot. Thought it was a good idea, as I like to look back and see how my tastes have evolved and what books still remain in my collection after a few years have passed. So here they are, my 2009 golden age purchases that still remain with me, in chronological order no less!

I'd love to see everyone else's pickups from this past year. I was kind of surprised how much gold I had acquired in just 12 months. It can be kind of eye-opening.

Edit: the last four or five are from this year. Screwed up a bit! :blush:

DSCF0158.jpg

DSCF0159.jpg

DSCF0160.jpg

DSCF0161.jpg

fantastic books! apparently you got hold of my want list, your just doing a better job filling it than me!

:applause: