• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Am I wasting my time buying CGC 9.8's.....
1 1

155 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Than what I said has weight behind it.

I myself am a collector. I choose to collect moderns based on what I enjoy. financial constraints that come with it are included.The particular comics I have are more valuable in the grade they are in, then in a lesser grade.

I will provide a picture of the comics I have accumulated over the past several months to provide weight to what I posted.

As you can see I have chosen to purchase them in the grade they are in based on condition as well as value.

I have also upgraded on comics by trading the same comic in a lesser grade based on this same reason.

20191126_223119.jpg

20191126_223124.jpg

20191126_223111.jpg

tsk tsk I see a 7.5 in there lol iron man submariner #1 I think lol 

41 minutes ago, eastcoaster said:

I only care about a fair price when purchasing. Selling them is not on my radar. Part of the reason to buy is to regain what I loved and lost - nostalgia... so selling is totally the wrong direction for me.

this is one reason I collect as well to regain what I lost and my love and nostalgia for comics, their characters and the impact they have had in my life. 

39 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

It can happen

Or he thought he was getting 9.8s in raw from those "not proffessional graders" on Ebay, and got burned that way.

In my opinion, buying in 9.8 means he is buying for value, appearance between a 9.8 and a 9.4 isn't much different

I believe he may be in prison for murdering his business partner with arsenic since it's tasteless and odorless. The corner missed it the first time but the body was exhumed and thanks to good detective work combined with forensic science the OP was caught and his 9.8s now belong to the state where the transgression occured.

Edited by NoMan

ALSO YOU ALL HAVE IT WRONG 9.8's are not the best grades PSHHHT!!!!!!!!! 

ITS ALL ABOUT THE 9.9 mint and 10 GEM GRADES>>>>> being the best lol 

these 9.8 are flawed :roflmao::roflmao:you need to step up your game to the 10 GEM which is the best of the best of the bestest bests... bessssts… is that enough bests of bests???? 

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

p.s. sorry I had to derail this 9.8 best stuff.. couldn't resist 

1 hour ago, shadroch said:

In twenty years, will that still be the case? Will the grading companies survive? 

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, NoMan said:

i think a The Dark Knight Returns CGC 10 may be worth it. Other books I don't think would be worth it. 

Before I realized that books could be damaged post-encapsulation, I really wanted an ASM 36 10.0