• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any "MUST READ" comics coming out tomorrow 2/11/04?**spoiler**

47 posts in this topic

I'm really looking forward to reading the Flash and Thor TPs. I forgot to order Tomorrow Stories Book 2 HC so I'll have to wait another week to get it.

The book I am LEAST looking forward to on my list is Incredible Hulk 67. Definitely on the verge of dropping it based on the storylines to date. Deodato art is gorgeous and has been enough for now, but if the Hulk doesn't even appear in his own book...

Kev

The Thor Vikings story was gross, disturbing, gory... and a damn fine Ennis read! smile.gif

I have dropped Hulk also. The last arc bringing back Betty Ross and the gratuitous nude scenes, and Hulk scenes being few and far between, just don't do it for me.

Oh, and Avengers is out this week too! thumbsup2.gif

You will not regret it! grin.gif

Seriously. I think Johns is doing a great job not only on the Flash but also the Teen Titans. He is IMHO an under appreciated writer.

He was subpar on Avengers. Its pretty bad when fans look forward to Chuck Austen coming in to replace him... confused-smiley-013.gif893frustrated.gif

Tomorrow I'm definitely buying:

1602 #7 - finally getting good

Chosen #1 - great concept and I like Millar

Coup Detat #2 - enjoyed the first one, though this is without Brubaker and Lee...

Fables #22 - love the series

Gotham Central #16 - love the series

HERO #13 - surprisingly enjoyable series

Secret War #1 - Bendis and the art looks beautfiul

Ultimate X-Men #42 - Bendis and morbid curiousity about Dazzler

I'll flip through Action Comics #812, Ant #1 and Aquaman #15.

Yes, the guy in the yellow suit is the Reverse-Flash, or Professor Zoom.

He's an old Flash villain that Johns revived - the original was a guy from the future that went back in time to take on the Flash - he even masqueraded as the original Flash, Barry Allen in a great story arc written by Mark Waid.

This Professor Zoom is a new character, I think he's a police officer introduced a few years ago, but only recently gained powers and a new attitude. He became the new Zoom in Flash Secret Files 3, but didn't fight the Flash until issue 197, so those stories won't be in the TP coming out this week.

I didn't buy these issues so I don't know if they were any good. I have been buying the TP collections of the Geoff Johns Flash stories instead (and I've been enjoying them), so I can't say if this collection is any good until after I get and read it. I do like the art by Scott Kolins. Stpryline deals with a set of villains trying to take over the city where the Flash lives.

Kev

Thanks for the info Chris and Kev.

Plus, you've made an error by stating that it's "66% of people in these boards". For one, the 66% figure is not of people on the boards, it's of people who voted in your poll, which may or may not contain a number of shills or double voters. For two, nobody's 'in' these boards, we frequent them, we use them, etc., but are not 'in' them. For three, you suck.

Thanks Kev. I have a question about Secret War #1.

****Spoiler Alert****

Isn't it suppose to be in the Ultimate Universe? If so, how come Nick Fury isn't as tan as he usually is in the other Ultimate books?

Thanks. That makes me feel better. I figured since Bendis was writting it, it was in the Ultimate Universe.

*****Spoiler******

BTW who is the chick that blasted Cage out the side of the building.