• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Happened to Gambit?

11 posts in this topic

All at once, everyone realized he was a lousy character and he suddenly ceased to exist.

I agree, but there was a time when Gambit was almost the new Wolverine (or Spider-Man), appearing in a lot of titles at a time.

Oh, like Punisher or Deadpool? :baiting:

I was just poking a little fun, no harm intended.

But Marvel has a history of running every breakout character they have into the ground. I was never a Gambit fan, or a Deadpool fan for that matter, but they both have decent followings. Why not give them a title or a back up feature and leave it at that? Let the characters develop organically and actually become a true mainstay instead of flooding the market and making their storylines too confusing or overwhelming to pick up.

Like all those :censored: Deadpool covers in the last month? What was that about? Were they supposed to be funny? Were they released to promote something? If it was promotional, it failed because I don't even know what the :censored: they were promoting!

Did he die? Did he change back to death?

Thanks

I'm not fully up to date with my reading but he's been appearing in X Men Legacy as a member of the X Men and his Death personality has resurfaced due to some minor bad guy with mental powers poking around in his brain. Things may have developed from there by now.

I think they are periodically trying to remind people that the Death personna is in the background. Frankly, I hated that storyline so I hope it doesn't resurface.

A lot of Gambit haters. I enjoy the character. Only thing I don't like is the french speak.

Pat

I think they are periodically trying to remind people that the Death personna is in the background. Frankly, I hated that storyline so I hope it doesn't resurface.

A lot of Gambit haters. I enjoy the character. Only thing I don't like is the french speak.

Pat

+1 to everything in this post.

Pat

No idea what you guys are talking about regarding Death, but I liked Gambit too... I guess I was exactly the right age or something, cuz I really enjoyed the powerless Storm / Gambit showing up storyline in the 260's.

All at once, everyone realized he was a lousy character and he suddenly ceased to exist.

I agree, but there was a time when Gambit was almost the new Wolverine (or Spider-Man), appearing in a lot of titles at a time.

Oh, like Punisher or Deadpool? :baiting:

I was just poking a little fun, no harm intended.

But Marvel has a history of running every breakout character they have into the ground. I was never a Gambit fan, or a Deadpool fan for that matter, but they both have decent followings. Why not give them a title or a back up feature and leave it at that? Let the characters develop organically and actually become a true mainstay instead of flooding the market and making their storylines too confusing or overwhelming to pick up.

Like all those :censored: Deadpool covers in the last month? What was that about? Were they supposed to be funny? Were they released to promote something? If it was promotional, it failed because I don't even know what the :censored: they were promoting!

Deadpool breaking the fourth wall...they were promoting Deadpool and brotha, bidness is a boomin'!

(so says the guy who just picked up 3 copies of New Mutants 98 in NM condition for cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeap)

Pat

No idea what you guys are talking about regarding Death, but I liked Gambit too... I guess I was exactly the right age or something, cuz I really enjoyed the powerless Storm / Gambit showing up storyline in the 260's.

I liked his role in the Wolverine and The X-Men cartoon.

That's actually not a bad cartoon. Kind of bunk that they put Wolverine's name out front of the X-Men but it is a great series.