• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Highest graded cgc Action # 1 comming to Comicconnect.

206 posts in this topic

I will say though that I would expect a 10 to be perfect inside and out though.

This is just a devil's advocate POV in the discussion and not aimed at anyone in particular:

Perfect is relative because it's based on our perception.

A perfect book shouldn't include printing defects? At what point do you stop looking...1 x magnification? 10 x magnification? What about roller marks that don't break color or those "sewing holes" that are on the interior of comic ever made pre 1990?

I think you get my point...at some point a line in the sand needs to be drawn as to what a 10.0 is and what a 10.0 is not...and a 10.0 is not necessarily a perfect books. It's just a 10.0

Please send me an 11.0 then :baiting:

Funny enough a 10.0 by definition suggests that there could be somthing higher than a 10 otherwise you don't need the decimal point.

Before anyone state it I know CGC gives a 10 grade and not a 10.0

Here you go....

ItGoesto11.jpg

Be sure to send over your shipping info...

I will say though that I would expect a 10 to be perfect inside and out though.

This is just a devil's advocate POV in the discussion and not aimed at anyone in particular:

Perfect is relative because it's based on our perception.

A perfect book shouldn't include printing defects? At what point do you stop looking...1 x magnification? 10 x magnification? What about roller marks that don't break color or those "sewing holes" that are on the interior of comic ever made pre 1990?

I think you get my point...at some point a line in the sand needs to be drawn as to what a 10.0 is and what a 10.0 is not...and a 10.0 is not necessarily a perfect books. It's just a 10.0

Please send me an 11.0 then :baiting:

Funny enough a 10.0 by definition suggests that there could be somthing higher than a 10 otherwise you don't need the decimal point.

Before anyone state it I know CGC gives a 10 grade and not a 10.0

Here you go....

ItGoesto11.jpg

Be sure to send over your shipping info...

Thank you (worship) no-one has ever given me such a valuable thing for free before (worship)

Dan's copy is gorgeous
:gossip: that's not Dan's copy (at least not for some time now) (thumbs u

Thanks gator!

I have record of 36 graded copies and 10 ungraded copies through CGC doors

and

9.0 (U) ash can 62224 Gary can I please get a set of B&W cover copies from you? Many Thanks! Is there a link on here somewhere's?

.5 100556 also resubbed 109670 and got same grade

and add an additional 27 copies never submitted to CGC

and 5 local copies in Seattle

I have the same lists for alla keys

Yes the mile high is nicer but we know why it won't get graded by someone who usually submits 2.0 and 4.0 copies of A1 and a 5.5 tech 27

what ever happened to Steve Lauterbach's 9.2 Detective 27? # 69998

what ever happened to Steve Lauterbach's 9.2 Detective 27? # 69998

the restored 9.2 (shrug)

I believe Steve mentioned to me in SD last year that he sold that to a customer a few years ago, but didn't mention to whom

So what do you guys think the Batman 1 9.0 will get on comic link?

Last one sold for $280K or $300K about 3 years ago. Maybe $300K+ for this one? We'll see....

It will be fun to watch.

I personally think that as a highest graded Bats #1 it has a shot at $500K but hey, what do I know? I'm not in the market for that book.

It will be fun to watch.

I personally think that as a highest graded Bats #1 it has a shot at $500K but hey, what do I know? I'm not in the market for that book.

You should be, you told me you were going to sell your #1 for a 10.00 :devil:lol

Action #1 CGC 8.5 SOLD for 1.5 million!

I guess the fact that I'm kind of disappointed by this price shows how quickly we become jaded. :P

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking.....I really think Fishler left money on the table with this one. It might have taken another 3 or 4 minutes, but I really think he could have gotten 2 mil. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u