• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Link Auction results for March Happy or Sad

173 posts in this topic

Hi all --

Great pickups, everyone! And a couple thoughts:

1. Can't believe how well the Rocky Mountains are doing, although I admit they are superb books. I bid on a bunch of the TOS and three or four of the Thors and got annihilated like a narc at a biker rally. Wow.

2. Now that I'm back into collecting, however, I felt the need to grab something. I'm sure I'll catch some flak for this given it's hockeyandcomicsguy's book and all :applause: , but here you go -- my one win that I put a huge bid on once all my other bids had been decimated:

TOS57.jpg

I'm collecting the great Silver Age covers and some cool keys in 4.5 - 9.x depending on cost. CGC's grade, however, isn't nearly as important to me as two factors -- superior eye appeal and top page quality/preservation. I'll go over GPA when I feel the need, therefore, given that the chances of me trying to flip these are almost nil. This book definitely fit the bill.

Thanks for looking,

Dan :whee:

Hi all --

1. Can't believe how well the Rocky Mountains are doing, although I admit they are superb books. I bid on a bunch of the TOS and three or four of the Thors and got annihilated like a narc at a biker rally. Wow.

2. Now that I'm back into collecting, however, I felt the need to grab something. I'm sure I'll catch some flak for this given it's hockeyandcomicsguy's book and all :applause: , but here you go -- my one win that I put a huge bid on once all my other bids had been decimated:

TOS57.jpg

I'm collecting the great Silver Age covers and some cool keys in 4.5 - 9.x depending on cost. CGC's grade, however, isn't nearly as important to me as two factors -- superior eye appeal and top page quality/preservation. I'll go over GPA when I feel the need, therefore, given that the chances of me trying to flip these are almost nil. This book definitely fit the bill.

Thanks for looking,

Congrats! Pretty book. But you're right, I imagine it'll be awhile before you can flip that one. But this market is nuts, who knows. Look at what the RM Thor 126 did. lol

4 books (although the one i really wanted got away - Thor 181 RM - i thought i went too high with $380 and the gavel dropped at $500)

Thor_180_92-rockymtn.jpg

glad those Winnipeg What If's finally came out of the woodwork to pimp out my #1 set :)

WhatIf32_98-winn.jpg

WhatIf22_98-winn.jpg

WhatIf38_98-winn.jpg

Prices realized on the Rocky Mountains seem strongly tied to their upgrade potential. Here's one that can't be upgraded owing to the upper right corner. Even with white pages and great cover registration, it sold for only two thirds the previous 9.4:

JIM119RM.jpg

Hi all --

TOS57.jpg

Thanks for looking,

That is one sweet looking 7.5, looks higher than that??? :o

Prices realized on the Rocky Mountains seem strongly tied to their upgrade potential. Here's one that can't be upgraded owing to the upper right corner. Even with white pages and great cover registration, it sold for only two thirds the previous 9.4:

JIM119RM.jpg

A gigantic sleeper, watch this one take off as the Warriors Three have a big part in the upcoming Thor movie.

I was happy with my results. Won 5 of the 10 items I went for. Wasn't home for the end of the auctions and wish I had increased the bids on a couple but I was still happy and am looking forward to them showing up.

I am annoyed that I am still waiting for my 1 February win to show up. :frustrated:

I got mine 4 days after I paid for it.

What kind of junk did you win? (shrug)

1 junky Action. Overpaid for it but I like it. I should probably phone or email them and find out what is going on.