• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blazing Bob helps me break 100,000

92 posts in this topic

I wouldn't go as far as saying mass-pressing yet. I do aspire to mass-press one day. Right now it is more like assembly line-pressing. I need a few more presses to qualify for mass status.

Keep up the hard work, and I'm sure you'll make your parent's proud. (thumbs u

His father has passed away and he just lost his mother in law. That was uncalled for and something only a complete jerk would say, seriously.

Which makes you one of us nerdballs. JC. Your time machine is this Forum.

In a way you're right, as I do love talking comics.

But my skin does crawl when one of these "hottest comic babes", "who's the sexiest movie star?", "I want to date Jessica Alba" etc. dateless fanboy threads appears. Literally.

Why? Are you gay?

Why? You looking for company?

But my skin does crawl when one of these "hottest comic babes", "who's the sexiest movie star?", "I want to date Jessica Alba" etc. dateless fanboy threads appears. Literally.

Why? Are you gay?

Maybe. You got a photo? <3

I wouldn't go as far as saying mass-pressing yet. I do aspire to mass-press one day. Right now it is more like assembly line-pressing. I need a few more presses to qualify for mass status.

His father has passed away and he just lost his mother in law. That was uncalled for and something only a complete jerk would say, seriously.

doh!

Unlike some of you, I do not keep tabs on everyone's family situation or follow the various soap opera threads on here.

Just a generic joke, and apologies if it's taken as a personal dig.

Why? Are you gay?

From the waist down, as usual, right?

Why? Are you gay?

And so the seeds of romance were sown...

doh!

Unlike some of you, I do not keep tabs on everyone's family situation or follow the various soap opera threads on here.

Just a generic joke, and apologies if it's taken as a personal dig.

Well, I can't believe I'm the one saying this, but you need to think before you post.

Why? Are you gay?

From the waist down, as usual, right?

Yes, just like the one you sent greggy. (thumbs u

My dads dead and my Mom is happy if I call once a week and visit 2 times a year.

Proud? I would say so.

Why? Are you gay?

I'm not sure "seed" is the word I would have chosen for that sentence. :sick:

Why? Are you gay?

I'm not sure "seed" is the word I would have chosen for that sentence. :sick:

My Freudian slip was showing.... :blush:

My dads dead and my Mom is happy if I call once a week and visit 2 times a year.

Proud? I would say so.

I still need a job, if you get to some serious pressing :wishluck:

Proud? I would say so.

I still need a job, if you get to some serious pressing :wishluck:

(thumbs u

While not overly concerned about Registry Points I have been waiting for the day when they would roll over 100,000 for me. I guess its a bit like watching your odometer in your car roll over 100,000 (I recall doing that as kid twice and it seemed like a big deal then)

Thanks to Blazing Bob accepting my offer on an Amazing Spiderman #3 CGC 8.0 I am finally over the hump :banana:

While most of my collection is not slabbed I feel rolling over this level gives it some legitimacy. I know it is no where near the collection of some of the big boys but for me this is an accomplishment given I got back into buying back issues and picked up my first slab 3 or 4 years ago after having taken a couple years break from back issue purchases in my first couple years living in Hong Kong.

I just wanted to share this with people who'd understand my happiness at the accomplishment as I told my wife whose response was "not interested".

:banana::banana::banana:

Great job!!!

I was at Number 50 for a while. Then slipped to 51, 52, 53, etc. when others were adding and I was selling.

Then was ill and had my daughters remove ALL my Registry sets, as the requests for transfers were in at least weekly, sometimes 20 a day!!!

I had the sets removed because I needed to save the girls time and efforts, which were needed to get the comics moved either here/eBay/ComicLink.

Now that I have a second lease on life, and am almost 100%, I might try to crack the top 25...

CAL recovering on schedule...

I'm glad you're doing better Cal!

Thanx CD!

I have a new hobby - our dog named Holly!

She has been my loyal companion while I was home recouping!

Then I was able to start walking her, at first short walks.

Then longer walks. I discovered that I started to lose a pound here, a pound there, which gave me more incentive to get well again.

Hope all is well with you!

CAL :hi:

I'm glad you're doing better Cal!

Thanx CD!

I have a new hobby - our dog named Holly!

She has been my loyal companion while I was home recouping!

Then I was able to start walking her, at first short walks.

Then longer walks. I discovered that I started to lose a pound here, a pound there, which gave me more incentive to get well again.

Hope all is well with you!

CAL :hi:

Sounds like your are healthier and happier. Glad to hear it.