• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman # 1 Blue label 9.0 to be auctioned on ComicLink again.

542 posts in this topic

I wonder if the fact it was an 8.0 at one time will affect the final price.
Didnt last time.
different book...the 9.0 that josh sold for 280K is NOT this copy (thumbs u

I hadn't checked the census but didn't realize that there were 2 9.0s out there.

Didnt last time.

I hadn't checked the census but didn't realize that there were 2 9.0s out there.

there have been 3 on the census for over 2 years (thumbs u

I wonder if the copy listed is one of the 3 copies in this grade in the census, or a recently graded 4th copy.

this one was the first graded 9.0 from back in 2003... it used to be in an old label, just reholdered... it is one of the 3

Didnt last time.

That will affect the final price, I don't think it will go anywhere near 7 figures

The wrap and cut of both books is identical, but the defects are very slightly different, yet those too are similarly placed...I'm puzzled right now as to why they appear so similar yet slightly different. ??? Could be just coincidence. (shrug)

batcgc9.jpgbat19num2.jpg

Didnt last time.

That will affect the final price, I don't think it will go anywhere near 7 figures

to the best of my knowledge (and Brent my have other info) this book started out as a 9.0 7 years ago... it is not , that I am aware of. a cracked 8.0 pressed to a 9.0, unless it was done 7+ years ago (thumbs u

brent will have to lend his thoughts to correct me

The wrap and cut of both books is identical, but the defects are very slightly different, yet those too are similarly placed...I'm puzzled right now as to why they appear so similar yet slightly different. ??? Could be just coincidence. (shrug)

No wait, the cut is slightly different, there's more space above the "SPRING ISSUE" text on one than on the other.

you will also note the erased "s" on the front cover... I seem to recall this book years ago in a 9.0 holder (old label)... so again, I am not questioning brent saying it was a 8.0 pressed to a 9.0, just would have had to of been done before it was graded 12/09/2003...

batcgc9.jpgbat19num2.jpg

most batman 1's look similar :baiting:

You are indeed correct. It's still on the home page of their website.

(thumbs u

did you really question me on batman 1 :baiting:

doh!

You're right. What was I thinking?

you will also note the erased "s" on the front cover... I seem to recall this book years ago in a 9.0 holder (old label)... so again, I am not questioning brent saying it was a 8.0 pressed to a 9.0, just would have had to of been done before it was graded 12/09/2003...

The one Josh sold was an 8.0.

the last 8.0 that josh sold last year for 100K, was my old 8.0... it too, is NOT this soon to be offered 9.0 copy (mine didn't have any erased "s") so I know that 8.0 was not pressed to "this" 9.0 copy

in fact, I think ciorac will back me up, with the BC the way it was on my old 8.0, I didn't even think it was an 8.0 , hence the reason I sold it..so I doubt it would be pressable to a 9.0 (shrug)

bat18f-3.jpg

the last 8.0 that josh sold last year for 100K, was my old 8.0... it too, is NOT this soon to be offered 9.0 copy (mine didn't have any erased "s") so I know that 8.0 was not pressed to "this" 9.0 copy

in fact, I think ciorac will back me up, with the BC the way it was on my old 8.0, I didn't even think it was an 8.0 , hence the reason I sold it..so I doubt it would be pressable to a 9.0 (shrug)

bat18f-3.jpg

The 9.0 that Josh sold used to be an 8.0.