• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Megacon is coming........

75 posts in this topic

Will there be many comic dealers there?

There were fewer comic dealers in 2003, compared to even the year before. Hopefully, that trend doesn't continue into this year. If you are looking for high grade, rare books, this is NOT the convention for you. If you are looking for bargains, and completing runs for pennies on the dollar, Mega-Con is ideal.

2 years ago, I purchased a raw NM ASM #14, and a raw VF/NM DD #7 from a dealer at Megacon. These were CGC'd 9.4 and 9.0 respectively later on. He had a number of other high grade SA Marvel books that I purchased as well. There are some high grade books there usually but they aren't as plentiful as other cons.

Brent

Plenty of comics at Mega Con the majority of the dealer room is comics and toys. Not a sci-fi show at all They do have media guests and there is a gaming section but those are on the fringes of the dealer area and not the focal point. Since the Wizard Los Angeles is fairly closely spaced timewise I'm thinking some of the usual suspects may not be there this year It is a good show for bargain hunters and completists Florida is not a money state so if you bring cash in hand you should be able to get some good deals from the dealers especially if you can hold out till Sunday. Check their webpage they may have a dealer list up by now and you can see exactly which big name comic dealers will be there. If nothing else come south for the sunshine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin.gif

It's about time for a final tally on who is going to attend the Dinner. I show a total of 5 people who participated in the poll to select a date, and Friday night is the winner.

As for the time I was thinking 7:00pm sounded good, but I will contact Steve to get his final opinions on that.

As for a place, it looks like no one had a problem with the Crab House, so that seems like the winner. After finalizing a time with Steve I will post the pertinent information here, including confirmation that the reservation has been made, the time, reservation name etc.

So if anyone else would love to spend a fun filled evening with some forum folks, please post here and let me know so I can include you in the reservations.

Thanks thumbsup2.gif

Did I participate in the poll? I can't remember. crazy.gif

BTW, can we attend the dinner in our costumes? My Wonder Woman bracelets are a real B*[!@#%^&^] to try and take off, and besides, its a shame to cover up a new wax job.

I don't care, as far as I know there is no dress code at the restaurant, and hopefully they would not want to lose out on the $$$ we would spend. I can't see who responded to the poll, but I will pad the reservation total to make sure we have enough seating for everyone. 893applaud-thumb.gif

For those of you planning on attending our little get together Friday Night at the Crab House on Internation drive here is the pertinent information.

Time: 7:30pm

Place: Crab House 8291 International Dr., Orlando, FL 32819

Phone: (407) 352-6140 (In Case you get lost)

Reservation Name: Steve Borock

I reserved 10 seats so we should have some flexability if a few more or a few less show up. If anyone needs directions, here is a link with a map:

Crab House

If anyone has any additional questions, please PM me or just post the questions to this thread and I will respond. Other than that I will see you all there, and don't forget to bring your appetities

thumbsup2.gif

Unfortunately, I won't be flying in till late Friday so I'll miss this.

You guys have a beer or 12 for me! Maybe I'll run into you on Saturday. I'll definitely be at the CGC booth sometime dropping off some books and giving them all my money.

Here's hoping the weather isn't anything like it is in KC today....cold and rainy, that is.

John