• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
27 27

8,312 posts in this topic

On 7/14/2022 at 9:28 PM, Gregd said:

How scarce are these issues (I am assuming super scarce in high grade)- but how about mid grade? 

High grades are extremely uncommon, but I'm sure are out there. I bought mine as a raw NM back in 2017. Looks much better in person for sure! I was hoping for at least an 8.0 grade, but I'm damn happy for the 9.0!:headbang:

Mid-grades like the Bloke said are quite common. A 2000 AD Prog #2 CGC 6.5 sold for $11,400 with buyer's premium a few weeks ago on HA. I'll be selling mine in the next Signature Auction in September.:wink: 

On 7/15/2022 at 7:29 PM, Jayman said:

Almost forgot! The FM 40 had an illustrated story by Russ Jones and Joe Orlando. This would predate the story in Monster World #1. Thoughts? @OtherEric

EA756AE6-B8D3-4BC8-AC07-3F438C45B425.jpeg

I show Famous Monsters #40 as August 1966, Monster World #1 as November #1964.  The decision to declare Monster World 1-10 as Famous Monsters #70-#79 was years after Monster World ended, they were not published anywhere near that time.

On 7/15/2022 at 10:33 PM, OtherEric said:

I show Famous Monsters #40 as August 1966, Monster World #1 as November #1964.  The decision to declare Monster World 1-10 as Famous Monsters #70-#79 was years after Monster World ended, they were not published anywhere near that time.

I just noticed the copyright on the story as 1964 too! (thumbsu

More clearly stated; the date on the story threw me off into thinking this may be a contender for the first Warren story as I knew MW1 was from the same year. But years apart as you proved. 

Edited by Jayman
Clearer explanation.