• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
27 27

8,279 posts in this topic

Holy smokes!

These are tough to find. Did you buy them when they first came out?

I just bought #2 to #5 from indyplanet but they are hard to find in high grade when you ordered them from the net. Nobody want's the bag and board them. The wrap them in a saran wrap and just trow them in a enveloppe whitout any other protection. Incredible they arrived in this shape to Canada. Back then, I had to ordered 4 of 5 time the #1 from the ebay account of Mike Hoffman before having one in nice shape. He refuse to bag and board them saying if will be too expensive even after I offered to pay more for it. I just paid the the first one claiming it was damaged during shipping (they all arrived in fair to good shape). I even tried to ordered them directly from Jason Crawley but he also refused to bag and board them.

I'm a big Conan fan so had to pick this up ! This is Barry Smith first pencil art work done for the Conan #1 later he changed the sword to make it point to the viewers, this magazine came out the same year & month as the Conan #1 comic from 10/1970 ! And on the back side of this book is the B&W version of Steve Ditko's rejected version of Amazing Fantasy #15 I think this cover is ten times better then that new 700 variant thats out now my 2c

IMG_1554_zps2b622259.jpg

IMG_1555_zps68a3053a.jpg

:cloud9:

Those are great.Didn't last long though.8 issues and 1 annual only.

Number 4 cover with the Wolfman is really spectacular.

There's a nice looking 9.4 on ebay that I almost bit on but I'm working on a deal for another book here on the boards atm.

Wow, so issue 8 with Jonathan Frid and Peter Cushing on the cover is the last issue? That's the next one on the list for me to pick up. Trying to collect Barnabas Collins magazine covers now that I'm taking a break on the Gold Key Dark Shadows books.

I just got the grades back on my last magazine submission. Some disappointments as usual but some nice surprises as well.

Alter Ego #21 CGC 9.4 (2 copies, Dave Stevens cover) :)

Sirens of Cinema V2 #13 CGC 9.6 (Dave Stevens cover) :banana:

Captain Britain #4 CGC 9.4, CGC 9.6 :banana:

Captain Britain #6 CGC 9.4, CGC 9.8 :o:whee:

Captain Britain #9 CGC 9.2 :)

Captain Britain #10 CGC 9.4 :)

Heavy Metal #1 CGC 8.5 :(

Heavy Metal #2 CGC 8.5 :(

MAD #26 CGC 6.5 :)

Marvel Comics Super Special #2 CGC 9.4 (thumbs u

Savage Tales #6 CGC 8.5, CGC 9.2 :(

A few of these will be available for sale after I receive them. Pretty happy overall but very disappointed in the 8.5s.

Mike,

I got boofed on a Heavy Metal #1 submission as well. I have subbed 50-60 mags so I am not a huge subber, but know my way around the standards (or at least used to). This book was a dead bang 9.8 and came back 9.4.

It happens. Sometimes CGC is just wrong. :)