• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
27 27

8,265 posts in this topic

That cover is so fantastic. Does anyone know the story behind it being reused as a cover for Vampirella some years later?

To my knowledge, Alberto Pujolar never did any other comic covers. Such a shame. I rank this cover right up there with the greatest ever on a comic mag. I wish he had been hired to do more of them for us. :(

They used the reverse of the negative to make this one. It is cool to see them side by side, as they are mirror images.

:o nice
purchased raw from Dale Roberts (thumbs u

dhokf1.jpg

(worship)

Man, I'll tell you what, I used to LOVE this magazine!

Much more so than it's regular color comic counterpart in MASTER OF KUNG FU.

In fact, I had a letter published in one of the subsequent issues to this initial DEADLY HANDS. In the end, I wound up with a complete collection of the title. Between this B & W , the magazine FIGHTING STARS & all the "chop socky" films that were running in theaters, at drive ins & on television, I was just about CRAZED with "Kung Fu Fever" back then in the early to mid '70s when I was 12, 13, 14 years old.

So much so that they inspired me to begin instruction at a local Karate studio. An old school Okinawan school that I stayed with for several months before switching to another style of Karate, then Tae Kwon Do & finally Judo. And while I collected a nice little collection of colored belts during those couple/three years, I never truly connected with anything until I began boxing at 17 in '78. Which led to an amateur career of 27 fights & then, later, a brief pro career.

All via the initial inspiration of THE DEADLY HANDS OF KUNG FU.

I even returned to `the more traditional martial arts when I segued during the last couple years of my boxing career into cross training in kickboxing. Which eventually led me to earning a long coveted black belt in Hawaiian Kempo.

Jim