• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
27 27

8,219 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, oakman29 said:

Oh yeah, I already have Vampirella run completed, and only 6 issues away from Creepy to be done, and getting started on an Eerie run. Once that is done I will be digging this run for sure.

I am only lacking the Eerie #1 ashcan to complete my Eerie set. 

On 3/18/2018 at 12:38 AM, tv horror said:

I think my brain just burst they are just so beautiful, I have to compliment you on having such great taste I'm so envious.(worship) Some of those covers could give you nightmares I love it!<3 On most sites I've been on it is always the Warren magazines that get the praise but in my opinion these are far better. You do know you're a fiend chevalmeow I so want to collect these now.   

Yes‼️ They are all so great and gory‼️?

6 hours ago, batmiesta said:

Looks more like a Romita head to me. hm

For all I know, you could be right.  I'm sure it's not Bolland and I'm pretty certain it's not Trimpe, and beyond that I really can't tell other than it's a 'typical' Hulk head drawing for the 70's... which makes Romita as likely as either of the Buscema's to me, and I'm not enough of an expert in how they drew the Hulk to be sure.

18 hours ago, OtherEric said:

For all I know, you could be right.  I'm sure it's not Bolland and I'm pretty certain it's not Trimpe, and beyond that I really can't tell other than it's a 'typical' Hulk head drawing for the 70's... which makes Romita as likely as either of the Buscema's to me, and I'm not enough of an expert in how they drew the Hulk to be sure.

Just found this interesting article. 

UK Hulk #1

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 5:55 PM, OtherEric said:

The 235 was the last issue, so they may have cut corners

I've always said that about SSOC #235.  As much as I love Rudy Nebres (I assume that's the artist), it's just not a very good cover to close off what is such a respectable and admired run.  Especially when you compare it with all those fantastic covers from the early years by Boris, Adams, Norem, etc..