• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
27 27

8,219 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, FoggyNelson said:

I know cgc graded time an Newsweek’s and playboys an such , did not know they graded penthouse also?

That’s Penthouse Comix, which is actually all comics.  I think the series went downhill fast after the 1st 7 issues or so, but the earliest issues just had an incredible list of creators.  Just off the top of my head: Adam Hughes, Keith Giffen, Gray Morrow, Kevin Nowlan, Curt Swan, Dan DeCarlo, and Moebius.  Adult material, but with a heavy satirical bent... think Kurtzman meets Heavy Metal.

14 hours ago, OtherEric said:

That’s Penthouse Comix, which is actually all comics.  I think the series went downhill fast after the 1st 7 issues or so, but the earliest issues just had an incredible list of creators.  Just off the top of my head: Adam Hughes, Keith Giffen, Gray Morrow, Kevin Nowlan, Curt Swan, Dan DeCarlo, and Moebius.  Adult material, but with a heavy satirical bent... think Kurtzman meets Heavy Metal.

Don’t forget Arthur Suydam! Issue #4 is also a Frank Frazetta cover. I’m surprised there aren’t more on the census. 

1 hour ago, FoggyNelson said:

Is Creeps magazine the same as Creepy⁉️⁉️

It is similar in that it is B/W horror stories.  It is a direct emulation of the Creepy series, copying the format and use of a "crypt keeper" character for the introductions.  Not reprints of Creepy.  Stories and artwork are usually well done.

How I love the covers!