• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
27 27

8,219 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, wombat said:

How was it? Bill Murray doesn't look so hot in the trailer. 

Don’t expect a Zombieland performance from him, but the star cameos kept me entertained. I’d give it 2 1/2 out of 5 stars.

F2433017-6297-44B5-8F8C-C621149F1857.jpeg

Edited by Jayman
Fat fingers

I watched it tonight, and there were certainly a lot of Warren magazines to be found in the gas station scenes. A rare time when they talk about an issue and actually have the right one. When the character is presented with a Creepy 61, it is the right mag.  An Eerie 10 on the counter, the aforementioned Creepy 28 in the rack along with 87 and Eerie 87. This was more amusing to me than most of the movie. 

43 minutes ago, Stevemmg said:

I watched it tonight, and there were certainly a lot of Warren magazines to be found in the gas station scenes. A rare time when they talk about an issue and actually have the right one. When the character is presented with a Creepy 61, it is the right mag.  An Eerie 10 on the counter, the aforementioned Creepy 28 in the rack along with 87 and Eerie 87. This was more amusing to me than most of the movie. 

Yeah, someone on the set had to be a fan to sprinkle them into those scenes. The movie was strange though, especially when they broke the fourth wall. Sometimes movies are so “out there” that I’m compelled to see how they end. This movie self prophesied itself with the phrase “Things are going to end badly!” lol

10 hours ago, Stevemmg said:

Just ordered these two. Once again, not the condition I would have preferred, but so incredibly difficult to find, I’ll take what I can get. 

B14673AC-1257-4B74-8B4C-04D480B49323.thumb.jpeg.0eca0ced0dce2555ffb6aa8fd5eef1b0.jpeg

Btw, what are the contents of these like? Comic pages or mostly text with spot illustrations?

I’ve never had these before, but these two now complete my “Gothic” mags (Tales, Romance, Stories and Secrets).  I believe these are the same format as the others, text with accompanying illustrations. I fell into the obsession of getting these basically for the covers and ridiculous difficulty in finding them all. Silly I suppose, but, that’s collecting sometimes. 

On 11/24/2020 at 5:11 PM, OtherEric said:

Another hole in the Super Special run filled.  Perhaps similarly to the Eerie #75 we were just discussing, this one has always looked bland to me online but pops a lot better in hand:

Marvel_Super_Special_38.jpg

Nice magazine an the movie were OK too‼️‼️👍😷

1 hour ago, Stevemmg said:

Some of those Fantucchio mags are wonderfully sharp edged and white paged. Congratulations. 

The couple of them I have are both just stunning, although they're both technically flawed in some way.  That, and MCS grading works in my favor on the couple I have.