• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fiction House Blues

31 posts in this topic

Several high grade Fiction House CGC graded books just sold on Ebay tonight. Great group of early rangers and fight comics, including a Fight #33 with the best coloring I've ever seen for this issue.

I missed out on all 3 I was bidding on. doh!

Anyone on the boards win any of the books?

The seller was nedorman1.

Here is the #33. The girls dress is a deep red and in most it is light orange.

fight.jpg

:gossip: On a side note, almost 2 years to the day since joining the boards, this is my 300th post. :acclaim:

It seems like I am on here all the time and am only at 300 ?

Man I gotta start making more comments........

Congrats on your 300th post, only 32271 posts to catch up to G.A.tor (give or take the 100 he may have posted in the last 30 seconds).

Here's a larger shot of the Fight #33. I agree the colors are very nice on this one.

I was looking at the census and this one appears to be listed as just "Fight", not "Fight Comics". The other 8.0 is the Crippen copy, according to the Heritage archive.

....and another thing, it's NOT Poopy!

95180.jpg.1c51cf51ba586a25cf76b9fc990ea90d.jpg

Congrats on your 300th post, only 32271 posts to catch up to G.A.tor (give or take the 100 he may have posted in the last 30 seconds).

Here's a larger shot of the Fight #33. I agree the colors are very nice on this one.

I was looking at the census and this one appears to be listed as just "Fight", not "Fight Comics". The other 8.0 is the Crippen copy, according to the Heritage archive.

Nice book. Nice Ped too. How much did it go for?

Those were great looking books! I saw them and figured they go for good money. Did they?

I picked up some from an OO collection that Dave Kapelka brought to NY last Feb and they were killer colors as well.

Fiction House books are rare to come by with nice strong colors!

... in comparison to the surrounding issues, I find it weaker. Detracting from enjoyment is the apparent mis-step in proportion of the leading female's figure.

I'll agree that the colors are great. My copy suffers from the orange dress syndrom -

95181.jpg.4c5a67940ba7b6fa5af65b589605dad7.jpg

Nice book. Nice Ped too. How much did it go for?

$501.00 is what it sold for.

I think others might have recognized it's superior coloring and this affected the final price since a CGC 7.5. ( with a very orange dress) just sold for $330.00 on Comiclink.

OR two people who really wanted it bid it up......... (shrug)

Several high grade Fiction House CGC graded books just sold on Ebay tonight. Great group of early rangers and fight comics, including a Fight #33 with the best coloring I've ever seen for this issue.

I missed out on all 3 I was bidding on. doh!

Anyone on the boards win any of the books?

The seller was nedorman1.

I bid on nearly every single Ranger and Fight he had for sale. I was underbidder on quite a few.

The 33 had the richest cover colors I had seen.

The topper is he has other books (not for sale) that are to die for. He's got a super Fight #30, which I find impossible to track down and I believe a CGC 9.4 Fight 34.

I know it isn't always a true reflection of scarcity, but a quick check of the CGC census suggests that #30 is a tough issue. Most Fights from #26 up have 3, 4, 5 or more copies graded (with #31 having 10 graded copies). #30 has just 2 graded copies.

fight30.jpg

I collect high-grade Fiction House and I passed on a lot of these books because -- on my computer screen, at least -- the cover colors lacked the snap-crackle-pop of that red dress on the 33. Despite the CGC grades, the comics looked faded. Anyone else have a similar take?