• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The C-Link Seller No-Show

38 posts in this topic

So I bought a book of c-link's exchange, seller accepted my bid price, all seems fine, this was at least 7 weeks ago. This week, I hear from C-Link that after multiple attempts to contact the seller (and might I note, no contact from C-Link during this time letting me know that they're having issues) they have to end the transaction and ban the seller (but it's anonymous anyway, so whoopedeedoo).

Now, C-Link didn't do anything wrong here, but in my opinion, letting a transaction that was agreed to in January drag on until the end of March without even attempting to let the buyer know there's a hangup is a bit much. On my end, I expected the book, I was willing to be patient given that I know they were moving their shipping offices to Portland from Brooklyn, they were wrapping up two large auctions and for whatever reason they're always horribly slow in shipping (whether it's a book or a check) but I feel legitimately duped, this isn't a common book and I stopped searching thinking I had found a personal grail. What's worse, last I saw, it's still listed on the exchange as "sale pending."

How often does this happen? Am I just incredibly unlucky?

That stinks.

Yeah, they have their issues. But I think you pegged some of it as they are transitioning and running big auctions, etc....let's hope they clean it up, staff up to appropriate levels and finally get on the whole communication thing. I think the only thing I would be a bit po'd about is the lack of proactive communication to me personally, from Clink that they were having issues with the seller.

I wouldn't worry to much about the anonymous thing. The seller isn't anonymous to Clink, right? Gosh, it's been awhile since I started with them so I don't even know what "background checking" if you will, that they do. My guess is they ban the dooch and others like him and this probably won't happen to you again. :wishluck:

I bet they held your money for the entire time too

Comic Link has never charged me until the day the book ships. I believe that is their standard policy as regards CC/Paypal transactions

I don't know if it is ComicLinks fault or the sellers for backing out. I'd be more annoyed at the seller than ComicLink for agreeing to sell you a book and then not sending it to ComicLink unless there were some serious extenuating circumstances like a serious injury or death.

No one is "at fault" here. Comiclink didn't hold a charge on my credit card or anything like that, as far as "wrong" there is little done here and they can certainly plead ignorance.

What is wrong is the lack of communication, and me almost expecting them to move at a glacial pace.

Consider it venting, but when you have a hard to find grail, what you thought signed sealed and delivered only to find out, nope, yet it still reflects as "sold" on the exchange, well, I'm a little ticked and just wondering if anyone has similar horror stories.

What is wrong is the lack of communication, and me almost expecting them to move at a glacial pace.

As of late, my issues with C-Link's new personnel have been, "where are my books?" and "lack of communication telling me they haven't shipped yet......cause they fell through the cracks." Like you.......I just feel sending an email can make a WORLD OF DIFFERENCE customer service wise.

I do feel it could be the turnover, since Josh has always been great to me and great to deal with when any such problems came forth in the past.

P.S. Has everyone received their books from the past auction already? I have not. But I never wanna jump the gun too bad, knowing they could be waiting for the books to arrive at their business.

So I bought a book of c-link's exchange, seller accepted my bid price, all seems fine, this was at least 7 weeks ago. This week, I hear from C-Link that after multiple attempts to contact the seller (and might I note, no contact from C-Link during this time letting me know that they're having issues) they have to end the transaction and ban the seller (but it's anonymous anyway, so whoopedeedoo).

How long would you have preferred to wait for the seller to surface with the book before ComicLink pulled the plug?

with c-link's moving and such,some problems were bound to happen...but it sounds like c-link is in need of some new employee's that value josh's business model and standards,or a "tightening up" of the current ones...i chalk this up as incompetent employee's lacking in good customer service standards,or not going "above and beyond"... hopefully the move and staffing will quiet the "squeeky wheel".... 2c

The thing that drives me nuts about Comlink

is they never take ANYTHING DOWN...

I mean for real there are completed sales for '08 that are "Sale pending"

you gotta be kidddin' me right???

We've discussed this point on the Boards before. It's the poor man's GPA. Utilize it. With all the volume Clink has had recently, especially on high grade books,

the statistics are better than GPA.

The thing that drives me nuts about Comlink

is they never take ANYTHING DOWN...

I mean for real there are completed sales for '08 that are "Sale pending"

you gotta be kidddin' me right???

rantrant

You can exclude pending items on the search page. Or in the unheard words of the ComicLink developer...actually make an effort to look at features already built into software before complaining about the features it lacks! :makepoint::baiting:

with c-link's moving and such,some problems were bound to happen...but it sounds like c-link is in need of some new employee's that value josh's business model and standards,or a "tightening up" of the current ones...i chalk this up as incompetent employee's lacking in good customer service standards,or not going "above and beyond"... hopefully the move and staffing will quiet the "squeeky wheel".... 2c

Your 2c is a very spot on! (thumbs u

I e-mail'd ComicLink Customer Service twice since winning some books with a very simple question that has not received a response. So I haven't paid them. I keep getting the checkout reminder but if I can't even get a customer service response I'm not paying.

We've discussed this point on the Boards before. It's the poor man's GPA. Utilize it. With all the volume Clink has had recently, especially on high grade books, the statistics are better than GPA.

But don't they take down their auction results? I'd love to see a list of their auction results the last 2 years...anyone? :wishluck: