• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WW Toronto con report - DAY TWO - all photos, all the time

95 posts in this topic

Took the camera today. Too bad that almost all of the board members I met on Friday weren't there today - with the exception of Roy. If there are other boardies you recognize in these pics, please point them out.

For those who don't know Toronto, the convention centre is in the middle of the Canadian National Exhibition grounds on the lakefront. My office is a couple minutes walk from the Direct Energy Centre, but you have to take an underpass beneath both the railroad tracks and then walk under the Gardiner Expressway, the main highway into the city.

The con was in the blue building. My office is the red dot.

DSC_0029.jpg

About to take the underpass. That's the expressway at the top of the photo. The Molson Amphitheatre is in the far distance, and the lake is just beyond it.

DSC_0030.jpg

Walking through the CNE grounds. Unloading straw at the Horse Palace.

DSC_0031.jpg

It wouldn't be Canada without poutine. Unloading the truck at Ricoh Coliseum where the Toronto Marlies hockey team plays. They had a home game tonight.

DSC_0032.jpg

Just outside the convention centre. This is BMO Field where the Toronto FC (MLS soccer) play.

DSC_0033.jpg

Sam who works with Matt Nelson at Classics Incorporated. Those are Stephen Ritters books on the wall.

DSC_0043.jpg

Roy with his amazing early Marvel Comics at the Superworld booth. Not sure who he's showing them to.

DSC_0044.jpg

Ted VanLiew

DSC_0045.jpg

Ernie Hudson (Ghostbusters)

DSC_0050.jpg

The Iron Sheik

DSC_0052.jpg

An entire Star Wars family. Didn't get a great shot. Dad, mom and the three kids.

DSC_0065.jpg

Wes Hagan

DSC_0066.jpg

Not really sure who these ladies were.

DSC_0068.jpg

DSC_0071.jpg

DSC_0072.jpg

Robin gets a written citation.

DSC_0074.jpg

Amazing Race winners Meghan and Cheyne

DSC_0075.jpg

The Comiclink booth in the foreground. In the midground are Barry and Lon at the Heritage booth. And just beyond them is the CGC booth.

DSC_0085.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

More Adrianne Curry :cloud9:

DSC_0088.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg

The Naked News woman interviewing BarBara Luna.

DSC_0096.jpg

DSC_0098.jpg

Angus Young's Gibson SG at the Sony Music booth. Yes, it's really Angus's guitar. :headbang:

DSC_0100.jpg

DSC_0104.jpg

And finally...

DSC_0106.jpg

I was at the con today for about 2 1/2 hours... until the fire alarm went off in the convention hall. It just kept blaring away for about 10 minutes, and staff were going around to the exhibitor tables and telling everyone to leave.

An announcement was made over the PA, but it was so garbled no one knew what they were saying.

Most of the attendees headed out into the lobby where they just hung around waiting to find out what was happening. Some of the guests celebs closed up their booths and headed out, too, but I don't imagine any of the dealers were going to abandon their booths!

I was getting a headache from the fire alarm, and was ready to leave anyway, so I headed to my car. I'm not sure how long the interruption lasted or what the problem actually was.

Roy with his amazing early Marvel Comics at the Superworld booth. Not sure who he's showing them to.

DSC_0044.jpg

That gent's name is Brian. IIRC Brian's area of collecting focus has always been Timely's, from the time I was first introduced to him.

Thanks for the great pics and con report. Doesn't look very crowded.

It was FAR busier than on Friday, but it was still fairly quiet. I hope the US dealers aren't discouraged and they'll come back next year.

One more pic that I forgot to post:

Roy and Bob Storms

DSC_0049.jpg

Outstanding photos! Thanks for posting this report. :applause: :applause:

Hate seeing Erin Gray sitting alone...that's got to be tough. She was best part of Buck Rogers. :(

+1 i actually thought about taking a drive down just to see her...

Is Wes Hagens sweater even legal?

awesome report

I can't believe that sweater. Wes has a knack of dressing in colorful colors. It seems that we peacocks each like to draw attention differently.

:insane:

DSC_0044.jpg

That gent's name is Brian. IIRC Brian's area of collecting focus has always been Timely's, from the time I was first introduced to him.

That's Brian Sweeney. He was set up at this show. He just loves old, solid mid grade comics. Nice guy.