• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All this talk about Action 1 what about 2

35 posts in this topic

that is why I don't always like the press and resub game... the book is, what the book is, so leave as is and enjoy!

:applause:

now, the 3.5 version Looks better than the 4.0 version... so, if you are not a Numbers guy, then press it if you want it to look better, but it might not "grade" higher

But in this case, pressing resulted in the grade going down AND looking worse, as it appears that pressing the book introduced a big fat ugly white stripe down the spine.

that is why I don't always like the press and resub game... the book is, what the book is, so leave as is and enjoy!

now, the 3.5 version Looks better than the 4.0 version... so, if you are not a Numbers guy, then press it if you want it to look better, but it might not "grade" higher

But in this case, pressing resulted in the grade going down AND looking worse, as it appears that pressing the book introduced a big fat ugly white stripe down the spine.

yeah, I wish they had of left it alone, but c'est la vie :cry:

I have 2 questions

1. What would the mile high action 2 grade at and does anyone

have a scan.

2. Is action 2 scarcer than 1(cause u just don't see many 2's)

just the same few copies over and over.

Thanks

ravencomics

The story in action 2 is great. So pre-WW2. The story clearly means to comment on the tensions in Europe and Superman is a total pacifist, complaining they're "only fighting to sell munitions." He makes the leaders fight each other to settle their differences. It's a post world war one mentality all the way, hitting the stands about the same time as Neville Chamberlain waved his treaty promising "peace in our time." Within a few months the Nazis would invade several neighbors and begin the Holocaust. And Superman's pacifism went away for good.

Guys, the scan with the white on the spine is the before scan.

Good post. Coincidentally, I'm reading Nicholson Baker's Human Smoke right now, which is full of anecdotes from the pre-war period. The arms sales were completely out of control and if you could arm both sides, so much the better. By Action 2's publication, the German actions against the Jews were already well underway and very well known. Basically, war was completely in the air in Europe and had already started in China. Chamberlain gets a bit of a bad rap as he was operating from a very weak position. He did give assurances to Poland right before the invasion in 1939 that did lead to Britain and France declaring war.

By the way, according to this book there was a planned coup among the German military in 1938 over the plan to invade Czechoslovakia, led by General Halder. While they were trying to decide Hitler's fate (arrested, assassinated, or to an asylum) Chamberlain flew to Munich to give his famous assent and the chance was lost.

The story in action 2 is great. So pre-WW2. The story clearly means to comment on the tensions in Europe and Superman is a total pacifist, complaining they're "only fighting to sell munitions." He makes the leaders fight each other to settle their differences. It's a post world war one mentality all the way, hitting the stands about the same time as Neville Chamberlain waved his treaty promising "peace in our time." Within a few months the Nazis would invade several neighbors and begin the Holocaust. And Superman's pacifism went away for good.

Good post. Coincidentally, I'm reading Nicholson Baker's Human Smoke right now, which is full of anecdotes from the pre-war period. The arms sales were completely out of control and if you could arm both sides, so much the better. By Action 2's publication, the German actions against the Jews were already well underway and very well known. Basically, war was completely in the air in Europe and had already started in China. Chamberlain gets a bit of a bad rap as he was operating from a very weak position. He did give assurances to Poland right before the invasion in 1939 that did lead to Britain and France declaring war.

By the way, according to this book there was a planned coup among the German military in 1938 over the plan to invade Czechoslovakia, led by General Halder. While they were trying to decide Hitler's fate (arrested, assassinated, or to an asylum) Chamberlain flew to Munich to give his famous assent and the chance was lost.

:hi: Marc

I'd be interested too in finding out how it got downgraded.. I too am afraid to press and do a dry clean on my Tec 29
that is why I never did it when I owned it...

to me, take a chance on a $100 book, etc... but a five figure book :o

no thank you... it is what it is, be happy!

Oh yes, i'm definitely happy :cloud9:

Whoops, got it. So the pressing got rid of the miswrap but resulted in a lower grade?

Nice!

Whoops, got it. So the pressing got rid of the miswrap but resulted in a lower grade?

Nice!

"Irony" at its finest

Nice!

must have split spine, I never called for notes as the books looks fine and I don't care about the #

Seems like there's usually a #2 available, but rarely a #3 or #8.

and IMO the toughest

action3cgc35.jpg

would have liked it better if it had of stayed in this holder, but previous owner cracked, pressed and resubbed and viola

action3cgc4.jpg

Does this count? :grin::cloud9:

ActionFunnies.jpg

Seems like there's usually a #2 available, but rarely a #3 or #8.

and IMO the toughest

action3cgc35.jpg

would have liked it better if it had of stayed in this holder, but previous owner cracked, pressed and resubbed and viola

action3cgc4.jpg

Does this count? :grin::cloud9:

ActionFunnies.jpg