• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics #1 CGC 8.5 SOLD for $1.5 Million--Again New World Record!

300 posts in this topic

It was already mentioned in this very thread.

Right now the Action Comics #1 CGC 8.5 is the most valuable book as the MH book has not been sold yet, so until it does his statement on paper is correct.

No it's not. It has currently sold for the most amount of money. That doesn't make it the most valuable comic book on the planet

Yes it does. The dentist copy is raw! Until it gets graded its speculation. The 8.5 is the highest graded copy out there and sold for the most money.

Right now the Action Comics #1 CGC 8.5 is the most valuable book as the MH book has not been sold yet, so until it does his statement on paper is correct.

No it's not. It has currently sold for the most amount of money. That doesn't make it the most valuable comic book on the planet

I think it does.

MH Action #1 again will probably grade out at 9.2/9.4 but that all hearsay till it does.

On paper Metro's sale is the most valuable comic book sale so far.

I see your point, but the facts are the book is still in limbo in terms of CGC's grade and re-sale value till then.

Also the MH's Action #1 has not even been graded yet by CGC so even though it will probably grade out at 9.2/9.4 it still not a flat out fact yet.

Comics and their values were determined long before CGC came into existence.

The MH copy of Action #1 would break this record even if it were to go up for auction without being CGC graded.

Yes it does. The dentist copy is raw! Until it gets graded its speculation. The 8.5 is the highest graded copy out there and sold for the most money.

No it doesn't. Even if the dentist's copy went up for auction in a raw state, it would still sell for more than this copy. The 8.5 copy has currently sold for the most money. That is all.

Also the MH's Action #1 has not even been graded yet by CGC so even though it will probably grade out at 9.2/9.4 it still not a flat out fact yet.

Couldn't disagree more, sorry.

The MH copy of Action #1 would break this record even if it were to go up for auction without being CGC graded.

I agree, but again the book hasn't so that point is void until it does.

Without a shadow of a dought it is worth well over 2 million and probably 3.5 mill

I think it does.

MH Action #1 again will probably grade out at 9.2/9.4 but that all hearsay till it does.

I see your point, but the facts are the book is still in limbo in terms of CGC's grade and re-sale value till then.

It doesn't.

Yes...Metro's sale is the most valuable comic book sale so far. That's all.

If I'm the first one to sell a recently released modern for $20...that doesn't make it the most valuable copy of that comic on the planet. It's just the highest amount paid for one so far.

Without a shadow of a dought it is worth well over 2 million and probably 3.5 mill

Sure if the book comes back unrestored and 9.0 or better.

Till then the winner is the Action 8.5.

No it doesn't. Even if the dentist's copy went up for auction in a raw state, it would still sell for more than this copy. The 8.5 copy has currently sold for the most money. That is all.

Hell, if people want to be so stubborn about "value", the true "value" of the 8.5 can't be determined either, as it sold via private sale. Until a book is sold in a well advertised auction we will never know the market price. A private sale from one owner to the other doesn't establish anything other than the price one person was willing to pay. If someone had paid 1.5 million for a copy clearly inferior to the Kansas, does that make the inferior copy more valuable? Of course not. There are many ways to determine value, sale price just being one of them.

Saying the 8.5 is the most valuable comic in the world is a bit disingenuous, given what is know about the Church Copy.

Step away from the Kool-aid.

The point is not void...it voids the point that this particular Action Comics #1 is literally the single most valuable comic book on the planet. If they want to claim that their book sold for more money than any other comic has sold for before...that's fine. But that doesn't mean it's the single most valuable comic book on the planet

I think it does.

It doesn't.

If I'm the first one to sell a recently released modern for $20...that doesn't make it the most valuable copy of that comic on the planet. It's just the highest amount paid for one so far.

Really missing the point I think. :makepoint:

How do you know MH's Actions #1 is:

#1 Not restored?

#2 Will grade 9.0 or better?

#3 Has you personally seen the book?

We don't know till its either sold or graded.

Your modern analogy doesn't make any sense as your comparing a $20 sale to a $1.5 Million dollar sale.

Fact: This sale makes the Actions Comics #1 CGC 8.5 the most valuable comic book on the planet on paper as of today's date. Yes it does.

Do I believe the MH AC #1 will destroy this sale? Yes, but that point is immaterial as it has not happened yet.

The Allentown 'Tec 27 would probably sell for more than this book too.

I forget what did that book grade out at?

I think it does.

It doesn't.

Really missing the point I think. :makepoint:

How do you know MH's Actions #1 is:

#1 Not restored?

#2 Will grade 9.0 or better?

#3 Has you personally seen the book?

We don't know till its either sold or graded.

Your modern analogy doesn't make any sense as your comparing a $20 sale to a $1.5 Million dollar sale.

Fact: This sale makes the Actions Comics #1 CGC 8.5 the most valuable comic book on the planet as of todays date. Yes it does.

Do I believe the MH AC #1 will destroy this sale? Yes, but that point is immaterial as it has not happened yet.

You're the one missing the point. If the MH copy of Action #1 were to go up for sale in its raw state right now...it would sell for more than the CGC 8.5 copy sold for. And the modern anology does make sense. The dollar amounts involved are irrelevant.

Fact: This sale makes the Action Comics #1 CGC 8.5 sale the most money ever attained in the sale of a single comic book. That's it.

Another Fact: This sale does not make the Action Comics #1 CGC 8.5 the single most valuable comic book on the planet.

The Allentown 'Tec 27 would probably sell for more than this book too.

I forget what did that book grade out at?

It is ungraded but is NM+ 9.6 most good sources say.

This book would crush the 8.5 sale but it rests with the MH Action 1 in peaceful bliss.