• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thread Closed

69 posts in this topic

slap me on the wrist...its my first newbie error. I get that I did a no-no. wont happen again. bear with me...i'm quitting smoking cigarettes

:foryou:

It's kinda part of the etiquette here that we try not to second-guess pricing in sales threads... but I can definitely understand the temptation (not aimed at this seller in particular). It's pretty hard to hold my tongue at times... hm

So really, pricing isn't determined by guides and previous sales or at least it shouldn't be when the market isn't soft, it's determined by what I'm willing to sell for and whether or not a buyer is willing to pay it.

Really, so people just pull prices out of thin air. Darn, guess thats why I see GPA or guide quoted so often, so I know what not to refer to. And the market is not soft? Where have you been. This is not a rare book, nor high grade. Sorry, I could not hold my tongue, this statement is just so wrong.

Bruce

Really, so people just pull prices out of thin air. Darn, guess thats why I see GPA or guide quoted so often, so I know what not to refer to. And the market is not soft? Where have you been. This is not a rare book, nor high grade. Sorry, I could not hold my tongue, this statement is just so wrong.

Bruce

I didn't say it was rare or high grade, what I said was that as the owner I'm allowed to set the price to whatever I want. As a potential buyer you or whoever else might be interested is allowed to say "No thanks, that's too high" or "Hey how about coming down?" but not just flat out attack someone's pricing. If we were in a shop and I was the shop owner and someone made a big stink about pricing, especially in front of other customers I'd ask them to leave. Whether it's comics or peanut butter sandwhiches I can name the price of the items I'm choosing to sell. I'm not out here begging someone to buy.

Bruce

I didn't say it was rare or high grade, what I said was that as the owner I'm allowed to set the price to whatever I want. As a potential buyer you or whoever else might be interested is allowed to say "No thanks, that's too high" or "Hey how about coming down?" but not just flat out attack someone's pricing. If we were in a shop and I was the shop owner and someone made a big stink about pricing, especially in front of other customers I'd ask them to leave. Whether it's comics or peanut butter sandwhiches I can name the price of the items I'm choosing to sell. I'm not out here begging someone to buy.

That makes sense and I agree. However, most people here read both the selling forum and the WTB section and you've posted in both. In the WTB section you're asking us to sell you books below guide and in the the selling section you're asking price for us is well over guide on some books.

I'm sure you can understand how that rubs many the wrong way. Good luck with the sales though. :)

Grade and PQ on the Sea Devils #3? hm

Tanning around edges, lighter towards center, with a tiny tear on the lady's left foot, back cover is triangle creased on bottom side, 4.0ish very strict, maybe on a good day it could get into the 5.5 arena.

Grade and PQ on the Sea Devils #3? hm

Tanning around edges, lighter towards center, with a tiny tear on the lady's left foot, back cover is triangle creased on bottom side, 4.0ish very strict, maybe on a good day it could get into the 5.5 arena.

Thanks for the info!

Bruce

That makes sense and I agree. However, most people here read both the selling forum and the WTB section and you've posted in both. In the WTB section you're asking us to sell you books below guide and in the the selling section you're asking price for us is well over guide on some books.

I'm sure you can understand how that rubs many the wrong way. Good luck with the sales though. :)

I would say that I can see very well how that may rub some the wrong way, honest truth is I collect about one or two old titles (ASM being one of them), BA key issues, and the rest are moderns. I, like many of you sell in multiple venues trying to independently finance my collecting desires so looking for good bargains is very important to me.