• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

March Madness Grading Tournament- FINALS

189 posts in this topic

No love for the Watchmen? (shrug)

:gossip: Easy $35 flip . . . :grin:

I thought about it, and that's what I probably would have done. I figured I'd want to hold a book more then a week before I flipped it. lol

Just kidding!

DCman Pm'd me his list in order of preference a few picks ago, and he'll take the Watchmen #2 CGC 9.6, sparing it the inglorious, stigmatizing distinction of last pick. :screwy:

The final item- the Avengers #12 goes to Timmay. (thumbs u

So that concludes the prize picking. Once again, please contact the person listed with the prize to have it shipped. If no one is listed, send me your address or I will soon be contacting you to get your address, and I will have it shipped.

Thanks to all who made this year's competition the biggest one ever and congrats to Warlord on a job well done! :acclaim::acclaim:

Tom, thanks again for the brilliant job you did running this event.

I didn't post about this during the contest - and I'm a bit hesitant to post it now - but I'm going to do it anyway.

Just prior to the start of this contest, my mother-in-law was taken to the hospital with what they thought might be a bladder infection. She had been in decent health up til that point.

It turned out not to be a bladder infection, but stage 4 cancer of the ovaries and liver. They gave her a prognosis of 6-12 months.

They were wrong: she only lasted 6 weeks. It was (and still is) a horrible, horrible time for everyone, especially for my wife and her family.

The reason I'm posting this is not to look for your sympathy (we're all doing as well as can be expected, and we're focusing on the future) but simply to let you all know that this board - and especially this contest - have been a wonderful respite from real life over the past few months. It was great to be able to just shut off the pain for an hour here and there and have a bit of fun.

Thanks Tom! Thanks everyone!

Andrew

Tom, thanks again for the brilliant job you did running this event.

I didn't post about this during the contest - and I'm a bit hesitant to post it now - but I'm going to do it anyway.

Just prior to the start of this contest, my mother-in-law was taken to the hospital with what they thought might be a bladder infection. She had been in decent health up til that point.

It turned out not to be a bladder infection, but stage 4 cancer of the ovaries and liver. They gave her a prognosis of 6-12 months.

They were wrong: she only lasted 6 weeks. It was (and still is) a horrible, horrible time for everyone, especially for my wife and her family.

The reason I'm posting this is not to look for your sympathy (we're all doing as well as can be expected, and we're focusing on the future) but simply to let you all know that this board - and especially this contest - have been a wonderful respite from real life over the past few months. It was great to be able to just shut off the pain for an hour here and there and have a bit of fun.

Thanks Tom! Thanks everyone!

Andrew

Drew,

My condolence and Tom, thanks again for setting up and managing the contest out of your free time.

Best Wishes,

Nick

Sorry to hear about that, Andrew. Stay strong through these tough times. (thumbs u

Andy

...and of course, thank you, Tom, for another great competition. :applause:

Drew- So sorry to hear of your loss.

I 've been through a similar situation with a family member and I know how important it is to have a happy place. Good to hear you found one in these forums and you were able to make it through a very tough time. (thumbs u

Sorry to hear about that, Andrew. Stay strong through these tough times. (thumbs u

Andy

A lot of our parents are getting up there, and suffering the ultimate circumstances of older age and utimately passing...my best wishes Andy in your time of condolence...

And of course Tom, most XLNT job as usual this year in providing this fun diversion... :headbang:

Andy

A lot of our parents are getting up there, and suffering the ultimate circumstances of older age and utimately passing...my best wishes Andy in your time of condolence...

And of course Tom, most XLNT job as usual this year in providing this fun diversion... :headbang:

Yes, I used to laugh when I got emails from my mother. I'd call them her "death watch" emails. Every single one, she'd report on another one of her friends who had passed away or who was stricken with a terminal illness.

But it's gotten much closer to home lately. Virtually every one of my close friends has lost a parent in the past year, or one or more of their parents is gravely ill.

It has also surprised me how many people I've chatted with on the board via PM who have recently lost a relation or a loved one. One thing is for sure in this life: sooner or later we all go through losing our loved ones.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words, everyone. (thumbs u

Is it March 2011 yet? :shy:

No, but wait until you see the fanboy drool fill this thread when I post what goodies were in my mystery box.

I was blown away! (worship)

Mystery Box on its way....hopefully Warlord finds something in those New Universe titles he likes. :cloud9:

DP7? :wishluck:lol

Actually I have many of those titles! Now I'll have duplicates! doh!

I used to have many of those titles. :devil:

It's here, it's here! The mystery has been, um, unmystified! Thanks NA!!!

Pics and details to come ... someday soon. :popcorn:

Is it March 2011 yet? :shy:

No, but wait until you see the fanboy drool fill this thread when I post what goodies were in my mystery box.

I was blown away! (worship)

:thumbsup: :banana: I did good? I forgot exactly what I put in there.

My Avengers #6 from drewincanada arrived a couple days ago. Very nice prize! He also included a bonus #24 & 25! Thanks Andrew!