• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wondercon report

61 posts in this topic

seank I missed you this time again...I was at Graham Cracker's booth most of the time.

I stopped by on Friday. We may have spoken. I was the guy with the redhead looking for Matt Baker comics.

hm not sure...but Friday, I was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt behind the booth..
gangster style

But he was wearing pajama pants so it sort of cancelled that out.

lol

seank I missed you this time again...I was at Graham Cracker's booth most of the time.

I stopped by on Friday. We may have spoken. I was the guy with the redhead looking for Matt Baker comics.

hm not sure...but Friday, I was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt behind the booth..
gangster style
i was wearing my earrings Friday...no G wear for me..my students lurk everywhere...actually, I ran into one of my kids at Jamie's booth on Saturday :grin:

This is by far the stinkiest report I have ever read. rantrant

No Bedrock, No GAtor, Nobody was there. :censored:

Spent all my time with the legendary Jamie Graham, the pumped up, gentle Frank Simmons, and Primmmmmmetime :acclaim:

Lots of fan boys and girls, and less comic book dealers than the year before, but A1 and Graham Crackers did report some large sales. :applause:

Action #3 8K Showcase #4 not sure the price or grade,

Blah blah blah, I bore myself, :whatev:

B

and Lori (Jamie's S.O.) sold a Tec 225 for $900 right next to me :grin:

Really?

Ok, I'll out myself.

I was the dealer with the attitude. B&B #34 GD/VG was priced at $275, guide is $265. My boxes state 15% off which would have brought it down to $235.

I get from you "Book in CGC 3.0 sold for $165". I say let me check that out. I look it up on GPA, agree to sell it to you for $165 and you say you have to think about. You then sarcastically remind me that the $165 price was for a CGC copy.

Please don't act like I was the only one with the attitude.

Really?

Ok, I'll out myself.

I was the dealer with the attitude. B&B #34 GD/VG was priced at $275, guide is $265. My boxes state 15% off which would have brought it down to $235.

I get from you "Book in CGC 3.0 sold for $165". I say let me check that out. I look it up on GPA, agree to sell it to you for $165 and you say you have to think about. You then sarcastically remind me that the $165 price was for a CGC copy.

60% of guide for a big DC key?

I'd say you were generous.

(thumbs u

Really?

Ok, I'll out myself.

(thumbs u

I totally agree...

Really?

Ok, I'll out myself.

(thumbs u

And the guide is accurate on low grade books? I'd say Bob did the right thing by looking at what the book gets on the open market and adjusting his price accordingly.

But, I have to say, I was really suprised/shocked about the laisse faire/aloof/non-customer-friendly attitude by several of the dealers. Sheesh. I was contemplating purchasing some moderately-priced books and several seemed actually bothered by it. One guy's attitude (and he is on this forum) so frustrated me, I turned down a ~$165 purchase outright.

Dude seriously? meh

You make a big stink about what the last copy of that Brave and the Bold Issue sold for CGC graded and we MATCHED that $165.00 price, and you still didn't buy it.

What other customer service would you like? :screwy:

But, I have to say, I was really suprised/shocked about the laisse faire/aloof/non-customer-friendly attitude by several of the dealers. Sheesh. I was contemplating purchasing some moderately-priced books and several seemed actually bothered by it. One guy's attitude (and he is on this forum) so frustrated me, I turned down a ~$165 purchase outright.

Dude seriously? meh

You make a big stink about what the last copy of that Brave and the Bold Issue sold for CGC graded and we MATCHED that $165.00 price, and you still didn't buy it.

What other customer service would you like? :screwy:

The idea that it can be argued that it was a CGC copy that sold for $165 probably doesn't hold water, either. The 3.0 grade doesn't draw a premium graded, does it?