• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action 1 Original Art

35 posts in this topic

Flee-maquette, resident board Photoshop genius, produced one and I bet that's it.

Flee-maquette, resident board Photoshop genius, produced one and I bet that's it.

I believe Adam's correct, in that I remember seeing this before here on the boards.

The blog I'm referring to is http://www.dialbforblog.com. I'm reading the Ira Schnapp stuff right now.

The Schnapp article is terrific!

:shy: I wish he would give me a credit. I actually drew every line in that piece and recreated the artboard behind it from several images. :)

Your good! I can tell this was a fake because I have never heard/seen any evidence of original Action 1 cover artwork existing - but man it looks realistic.

The whiteout is a nice touch of "authenticity".

Just for fun! :)

In 1951, Bette Nesmith Graham, (mother of Monkees member Michael Nesmith) invented the first correction fluid in her kitchen. Working as a typist, she used to make many mistakes and always strived for a way to correct them. Starting on a basis of tempera paint she mixed with a common kitchen blender. She called the outcome fluid Mistake Out and started to provide her coworkers with small green bottles on which the brand's name was displayed.

By 1956, Bette Nesmith Graham founded the Mistake Out Company and continued working from her kitchen nights and weekends to produce small batches of correction bottles. Ironically, she was fired from her typist job after she made a mistake she did not manage to correct. She had typed in her company name instead of the bank's. After this stroke of bad luck, she decided to devote her time to her new company.[1]

The inventor offered the product to IBM, which declined the offer. She sold the product, renamed Liquid Paper, from her house for 17 years. By 1968, the product was profitable, and in 1979 the Liquid Paper Corporation was sold to the Gillette Corporation for $47.5 million with royalties.

In 2000, Liquid Paper was acquired by Newell Rubbermaid. In some regions of the world, Liquid Paper is now endorsed by Papermate, a widely known writing instruments brand.

:shy: I wish he would give me a credit. I actually drew every line in that piece and recreated the artboard behind it from several images. :)

you had to DRAW every line? couldnt you have simply (ahem) Theakstonized the color away? lol

you had to DRAW every line? couldnt you have simply (ahem) Theakstonized the color away? lol

:insane:

lol! Great job.

But seriously, I think the best existing early DC OA cover is likely Bats 11.

2nd only to the Superman #14 cover.

I saw a pic of that many moons ago, but had forgotten hm