• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman #1 (panel) & Detective Comics #28 (page) FOR SALE!

11 posts in this topic

For Sale: (1)-panel from an original copy of Superman #1 ( page 5/6).

SupermanPanel.jpg

&: (1)-page from an original copy of Detective Comics #28 (page 51/52).

Detective28front.jpg

Detective28back.jpg

*One note about the Detective Comics #28 page is that the paper-quality doesn't look quite as bright as the scan.

History: I purchased the panel of Superman #1 from a collector who owned a complete loose page and since I didn't have enough funds available to meet the collector's asking price, I offered him a percentage to cut out just a panel so I could own a very small piece of an issue that would have been otherwise unaffordable.

I traded another collector a very low-grade copy of Special Addition Comics #1 to cut a page out of his coverless copy of Detective Comics #28. Since even a coverless copy of that book would have been out of my price-range, I did what I could to acquire a small part of it since the collector wasn't willing to part with any Batman material from the issue.

Asking Price: $250 (Paypal preferred but not required).

Or: $175 for just the Superman #1 panel.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to either post them in the thread or send me a PM and I will be sure to respond in prompt fashion.

Ok... I have to ask: why sell? I remember how jazzed you were about this over in the GA forum... find a bigger grail to go after? :wishluck:

Either way, fun way to get ahold of a big fish w/o having to pony up the big price!

oh dude I wish you could hold that panel for a month lol. Bad bad timing with the Boston con coming up as blazing bob is holding a 5.0 xmen #2 for me. Actually he is bringing 3 for me to choose from. Very very cool dude.

I am editing my last post as the Superman #1 panel IS still available for sale.

The asking price for both the Superman #1 panel & Detective Comics #28 page is $250.

However, if anyone is interested only in the Superman #1 panel, the asking price will be reduced to $175.

Ok... I have to ask: why sell? I remember how jazzed you were about this over in the GA forum... find a bigger grail to go after? :wishluck:

Either way, fun way to get ahold of a big fish w/o having to pony up the big price!

Hey Mac Man,

I would have never put up the Superman #1 panel sale had I not found something really special to pursure. So the sale of the Superman #1 panel, the Detective Comics #28 page, or both, will go towards funding that.

I also wanted to add that shipping will be $5 for USPS Priority w/tracking.

Please feel free to post in the thread or PM me with any questions. :)