• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help! Is this seller for real?

182 posts in this topic

what damning evidence? i looked at them, the first auctions was done by a thrill bidder. as i have mentioned his current auctions and the ASM 14 are a relisting due to the thrill bidder. as mudbuddha pointed out, the thrill bidder has bid on other auctions not only essoilman's and was way outbidded. the reason why the thrill bidder won essoilman's auctions was the BIN trigger was pulled. so i ask again, what damning evidence? if your talking about rickdogg, he first said he is A OK, then says it stinks of shill. need i remind you he's only 20 yrs old and easily influenced, not to mention he collects GI JOE's too. why is it that only the unhighrollers say anything bad about the auction, but yet the highrollers come out and defend essoilman? have you thought about that?

Look, fine. Maybe I jumped the gun and rushed to a conclusion too soon. I do have an admitted pathological hatred for date stamps and that issue made me see red with regard to the whole shill fiasco. BUT...

...other people (Hammer, Notch_Top, RickDogg, SpidermanBeyond and Blazing Bob, to name a few) have also made some comments about the seller ranging from unflattering to downright damning. So despite everyone venting their frustrations at my expense, it's not like there has been universal disapproval for my stance. If you look at my posts last night, they were directed primarily at the hidden date stamp issue. At no point did I say without qualification that there was a shill bidder. Subsequent posters HAVE made such outright accusations based on the evidence.

So again, this abuse that continues to be hurled my way is grossly disproportionate to any blunders on my part.

Gene

Nothing nasty to say here, just an observation.

you can stop taking every word so literally, Phil

literally comes from the word leterary, since we are responding to the written word here, literally is the proper way to take things. grin.gif

Phil

i agree this thread has gotten way out of hand.

i have delt with marc (as i said earlier) and as far as i am concerned he is an honest seller.

it seems that spidermanbeyond has to accept the fact that someone else bumped his bid, he is getting the book for a good price IMHO and has already stated that he was happy with the date stamp. there is no question that if he goes through with the transaction he will get the book.

these things sometimes happen with thrill bidders, its the ebay way, you win some you lose some.

as for the trolls that have ruined this thread (roman) perhaps now is a good time to quit and give us all a break.

How am I not connected to this argument? I'm posting my opinions just like you are. Just because I don't spend my days on this board, dosen't mean my opinions are not valid.

Technically, the original topic of this thread dosen't concern anyone except the poster and seller in question. Then guys like you come in with your long-winded, self righteous B.S, and it comes to this. Many on this board don't say what they're really thinking because they're worried about their reps, but I couldn't care less.

Maybe I do have isssues. So what? We all do. But why is there this animosity towards you? Ever stop to ask yourself that? Have you ever even considered that you've been out of line? Why is it that some of the most explosive and negative threads involve you as one of the main debators? Is it that everyone likes to gang up on poor Kester, or is there the slightest possibility that you could be responsible for a lot of this animosity?

As for Major Khaos getting a free pass, my opinions of him are clear on the other thread I posted on. In my opinion, he's the worst on this board.

why is it that only the unhighrollers say anything bad about the auction, but the highrollers come out and defend essoilman? have you thought about that?

I don't know - why is that I get hammered on for bragging about myself when I have to respond to posts like this? Or should I just take the abuse to prove I'm not just some insecure little schmuck? I have a real problem with you, Clobberin', Blazing, etc. discounting my viewpoints and the viewpoints of others because we're just poor paupers who collect Bronze and Moderns. We're not "high rollers" in your eyes - you just said as much. And if I defend myself by stating that I do have the resources but am simply not interested in buying overpriced books I have no connection to or interest in, I'm either (a) bragging about how rich I am, (b) a wannabe, © a liar, (d) an insecure guy, (e) a doom and gloomer, (f) a Chicken Little or (g) someone who needs to go live another 20 years before he is qualified to speak about these things.

You guys really don't know anything about me - you know why? Because despite your protestations to the contrary, I have kept much of my life, accomplishments, etc. private. You know very little about what I have and what I've done. I do know personally some people on this Board and believe me, they have a far different view of me than this caricature that some of my detractors have created.

Let's face it - you guys are just as guilty of making baseless assumptions, harsh judgments and unfounded attacks as I am.

Gene

P.S. - BTW, the way you just ripped on Ricky was uncalled for. He may be young but he's got a lot more brains & common sense than most people on this Board.

BTW, the way you just ripped on Ricky was uncalled for. He may be young but he's got a lot more brains & common sense than most people on this Board.

Whoa!!! I object! Ricky's a good kid, but he ain't no Einstein. einstein.gif

Cheers,

Bachelor of Comics

P.S. - BTW, the way you just ripped on Ricky was uncalled for. He may be young but he's got a lot more brains & common sense than most people on this Board.

there you go again, you don't know my relationship with rickdogg, im sure he didn't take it personally. comments regarding what you collect i never made any ill comments about it. im done with this thread, im not being arguementive, im just stating the facts. i am glad to see that you did atleast make a comment for disliking date stamps so much that you might've gone overboard with your posts from last night. it ain't much, but it's a step in the right direction does count for a lot.

bests,

supapimp

Spider,

When this many people defend a seller, and they do so because they have purchased from him many times before, I feel that is evidence that far outweighs conjectures about what "might" be happening. There is no way to ever be certain about things, but the one thing that helps a great deal are personal testimonials.

I keep thinking about how I would feel if someone thought one of my auctions looked shady (and some have looked bad simply because of the amount of new bidders). How could I defend myself?

"No, I don't know them!"

"Prove it."

"How? I don't know them. Ask them."

"That proves nothing."

"Look at my feedback."

"Good sellers go bad."

"Ask my customers. Ask my friends. Look at their info..."

"None of that proves anything."

And so on. How do you prove something like this if you're innocent? To me, the best way would be if frequent customers made statements without any prompting or provocation from the seller, in support of him. That's what you have here. Well, that and a comic you really wanted.

-- Joanna