• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clash Of The Titans!

66 posts in this topic

This abortion was Battlefield Earth awful.

Harryhausen should be rolling over in his GRAVE due to the comparison of his liveaction scorpions to the New CGI hunks of doo...

Maybe if he was really dead, but luckily, Ray is still with us among the living. .

woops doh! kind of knew this but i was so incensed writing that report that my fiery emotions got the best of my sense lol

Here's my official fanboy report. Some semi-spoilers so beware: Adult fans of the original Harryhausen masterpiece will probably be disappointed. 300/Sin City era kids of today who don't know Harryhausen will enjoy the film. The new scorpions sucked compared to the old. The Kraken and Medusa effects were nice, but I'll still take the originals there. I do give the Pegasus effects in the new film the nod over the old. Very realistic. I actually believed this flying horse was real. Enjoyed the new Hades villain, enjoyed the Bubo homage scene. I didn't mind the different story line, but the dialogue and acting were just stale from start to finish. Could it have been better? Sure. Was I entertained sufficiently for my price of admission? Yes. 2 out of 4 stars.

The best part of this movie was the preview for the new Nightmare on Elm Street, and that looks ridiculously horrible.

Did you notice who is playing Freddie? The voice sounded familiar and I verified it when the credits came up after that preview. Non other than Rorschach from Watchmen: Jackie Earl Haley!