• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clash Of The Titans!

66 posts in this topic

The movie was good. 3-d FX were good. I enjoyed the movie. They changed the plot from the original, but still it was worth seeing on the big screen. My problems with it, and all movies now, including some television shows (Spartacus for one) is that after 300 came out, it seems that every movie has the same guy doing fight choreography. I guess its matrix syndrome or something. . .

Overall, definitely worth seeing, but not as good as the original (Ray Harryhausen Rules!)

Just my 2 cents.

66hemr.gif

+1 :applause:

Good movie, though. I enjoyed it.

Nice DiceX.. besides comics MMA is my thing.. love Gina )) ... seen her fight live afew times... you're the man for that GIF.. what a babe.. too bad she got whooped in her last fight..

Originally Posted By: Mister_Comics

Ray Harryhausen didn't even like it.

Saw it in 3D and wasn't impressed at all. Poor story and acting. Fight scenes were to fast. Couldn't tell what the heck was going on. Most scenes were too short. When the guy threw Bubo the owl in the garbage I just wanted to leave. A slap in the face to the original movie. Change the title to TRASH OF THE TITANS. [/Quote]

Poster: BrianR

Subject: Re: Clash Of The Titans!

What do you mean threw Bubo in the trash? Was that his appearance in this movie? I loved that corny metal owl in the original.[/Quote]

Yep! Right in the dumpster. Hooting all the way in.

This abortion was Battlefield Earth awful.

I am definitely glad i snuck into the new Polanski joint Ghost Writer to wipe the afterimage of this steaming pile from my brain.

The Three screenwriters, Producer and Director need to be sacrificed to the Kraken this movie sucked so bad,

The story of Perseus is THOUSANDS of years old. Why muck with it?

MYTH IS STORY STRUCTURE! Why change it around?

Perseus talks with an Australian accent the whole time... What a hoot! and Sam Worthington played him as a wussy! Not one of the gretest Heroes of all of Greek lore. (Who would have though that I'd ever sing the praises of Harry Hamlin? doh! )

Io (the golden cow girl) is made Perseus' love interest after a half-assed attempt at acting like a Greek Chorus (following the action around and trying to explain the events of this muddled slop-heap to the audience) who is then magically resurrected (and no i dont give a rat's arse about spoiling anything. If anything i will save some innocent filmgoer's sanity by convincing them not to see the film) by a hare-brained Zeus. ANDROMEDA was the bride of Perseus. Io was just some broad that Zeus banged and turned into a cow afterwards.

I read in one reviewer's writing that "the actors wore beards so they could hide their shame at being in the film for a big payday..."

The whole man vs the Gods theme was trite and unbelievable.

Hades being the main antagonist and flying around like a vampire was unbelievable.

The rich Lore of Greek Mythology was IGNORED and a misbegotten claptrap of a film was made just to showcase the effects and it failed at that!

The Kraken looked like they stole the animation of the Cave Troll from LOTR, added some tentacles, and threw him in the water.

What about the Djinn? Hmm we dont have any CGI good guys so why dont we steal a design from one of George Lucas' space aliens and give em a middle eastern theme because they are in the desert! Mebbe they will understand why Frenchmen are so ticked off that Muslims are taking over their country!!!

Harryhausen should be rolling over in his GRAVE due to the comparison of his liveaction scorpions to the New CGI hunks of doo...

Joseph Campbell is ROLLING OVER IN HIS GRAVE due to this heretical non-depiction of the Heroes Journey (not that any of the filmmakers ever read the book...)

and dont get me started about Pegasus.

I am violently and creatively offended by this movie. :frustrated:

CLASH OF THE TITANS REMAKE IS A DOG'S BREAKFAST!

+1! You said it perfectly Neil-This movie was the worst I have ever paid money to see-complete and total garbage!

:sick:Chris

I am definitely glad i snuck into the new Polanski joint Ghost Writer to wipe the afterimage of this steaming pile from my brain.

The Three screenwriters, Producer and Director need to be sacrificed to the Kraken this movie sucked so bad,

Perseus talks with an Australian accent the whole time... What a hoot! and Sam Worthington played him as a wussy! Not one of the gretest Heroes of all of Greek lore. (Who would have though that I'd ever sing the praises of Harry Hamlin? doh! )

Io (the golden cow girl) is made Perseus' love interest after a half-assed attempt at acting like a Greek Chorus (following the action around and trying to explain the events of this muddled slop-heap to the audience) who is then magically resurrected (and no i dont give a rat's arse about spoiling anything. If anything i will save some innocent filmgoer's sanity by convincing them not to see the film) by a hare-brained Zeus. ANDROMEDA was the bride of Perseus. Io was just some broad that Zeus banged and turned into a cow afterwards.

I read in one reviewer's writing that "the actors wore beards so they could hide their shame at being in the film for a big payday..."

Hades being the main antagonist and flying around like a vampire was unbelievable.

The rich Lore of Greek Mythology was IGNORED and a misbegotten claptrap of a film was made just to showcase the effects and it failed at that!

The Kraken looked like they stole the animation of the Cave Troll from LOTR, added some tentacles, and threw him in the water.

What about the Djinn? Hmm we dont have any CGI good guys so why dont we steal a design from one of George Lucas' space aliens and give em a middle eastern theme because they are in the desert! Mebbe they will understand why Frenchmen are so ticked off that Muslims are taking over their country!!!

Harryhausen should be rolling over in his GRAVE due to the comparison of his liveaction scorpions to the New CGI hunks of doo...

Joseph Campbell is ROLLING OVER IN HIS GRAVE due to this heretical non-depiction of the Heroes Journey (not that any of the filmmakers ever read the book...)

+1! You said it perfectly Neil-This movie was the worst I have ever paid money to see-complete and total garbage!

+2. I was excited to see this movie because I loved the original as a child. I wasted two hours of my Easter long weekend in Thailand to see this POS. It is terrible.

I think I am done seeing movies that have anything to do with my childhood. Transformers, GI Joe and Clash of the Titans have suckered me three time. I'm done.

+2. I was excited to see this movie because I loved the original as a child. I wasted two hours of my Easter long weekend in Thailand to see this POS. It is terrible.

I think I am done seeing movies that have anything to do with my childhood. Transformers, GI Joe and Clash of the Titans have suckered me three time. I'm done.

It is sad. Has hollywood forgot how to make a decent movie? It has never been about how cool it looks, the cgi or the explosions. Without the story and the character development it is a waste of time unless you are making cheap cost movies about Hot tub time machines :P. I was very excited to see the remake to Clash of the Titans, now I will just rent it.

It has never been about how cool it looks, the cgi or the explosions. Without the story and the character development it is a waste of time

I believe you've mistaken this forum for somplace more emo like the Moby Fan Club chat board...this is actually a comic book forum you're currently posting in. If you prioritize story and character development over badass fight scenes and special effects here, I can only presume that you're a girl, a senior citizen, or a guy who is gay, bi, or exceedingly bi-curious. (tsk):sumo:

It has never been about how cool it looks, the cgi or the explosions. Without the story and the character development it is a waste of time

I believe you've mistaken this forum for somplace more emo like the Moby Fan Club chat board...this is actually a comic book forum you're currently posting in. If you prioritize story and character development over badass fight scenes and special effects here, I can only presume that you're a girl, a senior citizen, or a guy who is gay, bi, or exceedingly bi-curious. (tsk):sumo:

ZING!

if it wasn't for the Medusa part we would of all given the movie an F.

The slaying of the Gorgon Medusa was one of my favorite parts from the ORIGINAL Film.

In the remake I thought the pivotal scene did not live up... Here are some reasons why.

Original Clash of the Titans:

The set for this scene was dark, shadowy, and labyrinthine. the filmgoer experiences the POINT OF VIEW of Perseus. This builds the suspense because you cant (originally) see the monster. You are afraid, as Perseus is, of the unknown and the battle to come. The SOUND you hear is medusa's ominous rattlenake tipped tail, which also builds the suspense, especially after you are SHOWN a cutaway shot of the tail only.

The shot of Medusa in the reflection in the Aegis shield, seen through Perseus' eyes, is the reveal of when we first see the Gorgon. When the scene cuts to the full first figure depiction of the monster, we are awestruck. Medusa is terrifying to behold and has one of the most malicious looks on her face that I had ever seen in a movie at that time.

The scene that affected me the most in that film (as a child) was after Medusa was decapitated and her headless body dumped over and oozed gallons of playdough consistency blood from the stump of her neck. That shot gave a few moments to let the intensity of the event sink in. and was cool as hell looking.

Clash of the Titans Remake:

I imagine it went something like this. "Hey why dont we make the Gorgons chamber like the Lava planet Mustafar where Vader battles Kenobi! I mean everyone likes Star Wars right? and we have already given Perseus a lightsaber! :banana: "

The POINT OF VIEW of this scene is different from the first. We as the filmgoer are more Omniscient (meaning we SEE more of the scene as it happens than the characters do) The bastiches who made this film want the CGI Medusa to be in the forefront. So we SEE more of her when the suspense is supposed to be built before the battle. This takes away from the final reveal. We HEAR Medusa's cackling laugh (over and over again until it is a distraction from the scene), which was most probably generated by some girl one of the Producer's wanted to sleep with. It seems out of place and definitely does not have the same effect as the rattlesnake sound in the original.

The shield (Made from a scoprions carapace, who knew they were reflective underneath? hm ) is underused as the mechanism that allows Perseus to slay the Gorgon.

The look of Medusa is too stylized and CGI Looking. I did not have the same feeling of drread that I did in the first film. Perhaps that is because i have slain a few gorgons in my time since lol

The death scene and killing stroke is too anticlimactic. Nothing like the original

if it wasn't for the Medusa part we would of all given the movie an F.

The slaying of the Gorgon Medusa was one of my favorite parts from the ORIGINAL Film.

We HEAR Medusa's cackling laugh (over and over again until it is a distraction from the scene), which was most probably generated by some girl one of the Producer's wanted to sleep with.

:roflmao: I couldnt agree more.

The death scene and killing stroke is too anticlimactic. Nothing like the original

Even the ending was anticlimactic. For a minute I also thought that crazy guy calling for Andromeda's sacrifice was Russell Brand.

Maybe if he was really dead, but luckily, Ray is still with us among the living. I am going to the movie this weekend because the Blu-Ray I bought of the original Clash came with a free ticket for this new one, but the freebie didn't kick in until 4/9. I have heard it was drek as well, but will form my own opinion.

Maybe if he was really dead, but luckily, Ray is still with us among the living.

+1

You beat me to it. I thought I had read somewhere that he was at a show recently or something. :applause:

DRX

He's alive and well. Seen him recently. He shows up at WONDERFEST in Louisville, KY a lot. Got a few picture with him and some autographs.

He's been working with Bluewater Comics. I think thats the name of the company. They been doing comics of Rays old movies. 20 Million Miles More. Wrath Of The Titrans. Return To Mysterious Island. That sort of thing. Continuations of the original stories. And Rays been helping them out.

I could not believe how bd this film was! Liam as Zeus was awful, the scorpions were terrible, they looked like thunderbirds puppets walking along when they had tamed them! Kraken looked pretty cool, but really could not wait for it to finish, thought about just leaving early my ratings 2/10. Wait for the dvd if you must!