• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The ALL STAR #58 Club. (First Power Girl)

122 posts in this topic

Wow, there are four on the census now. Last I checked there was only one. I knew from Mr. 9.8s post that the Golden State was a new 9.8 but there are now two more. Mine is 9.6 and it has a miswrap, but I still <3 it because I subbed it myself.

Wow, there are four on the census now. Last I checked there was only one. I knew from Mr. 9.8s post that the Golden State was a new 9.8 but there are now two more. Mine is 9.6 and it has a miswrap, but I still <3 it because I subbed it myself.

:golfclap: Sometimes those are the best ones.

It's funny...for decades, this book was absolute junk. $1 bin fodder at best.

Then, PG takes a central role in Infinite Crisis, and BLAMMO!

Big break out.

\

Yep, that's my memory of this book. I had no idea there was demand for this issue.

I got my best copy from a Liverpool UK comic mart, circa 1997, out of a bargain bin for 25p.

It's around 9.2 / 9.4, very sharp, w/ow pages.

Always been a key book for me because Wally Wood is one of my favourite artists, mainly for his EC science-fiction work, and I'm also a JSA fan. Power Girl's look was pretty much very typical figure work from this creator, which he had used time and time again on other projects elsewhere.

I`m not a big DC guy but Power Girl was in one of the first modern(at the time) DC comics i ever got when i was younger and i did like her,so i hope her solo book does well.

I like that issue #2 cover, so now even though i don`t really buy moderns much any more i`ll have to go on and pick up #1 and 2 i guess. hm