• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The ALL STAR #58 Club. (First Power Girl)

122 posts in this topic

I picked up my copy off a boardie last year -

Now if only a Showcase #97 would come along in 9.8. I like my 9.4 but my goodness the last one went for an insane price!

How much did it go for?

There's a new Power Girl coming, right? If so, might see a spike in these.

The new power girl is not as busty so the price will probably not inflate

True

Warner Bros probably want to make her to look at least PG-13 so they can put her into a film.

Now if only a Showcase #97 would come along in 9.8. I like my 9.4 but my goodness the last one went for an insane price!

How much did it go for?

$430...the last one to sell before that went for $278 which I still thought was quite high - especially considering it's not a first appearance and it wasn't that spectacular of a story line by any means.

How much did it go for?

$430...the last one to sell before that went for $278 which I still thought was quite high - especially considering it's not a first appearance and it wasn't that spectacular of a story line by any means.

Showcase97CGC98PowerGirl_zpsd9f803de.jpg

:banana:

How much did it go for?

Showoff :P

Like I said I'll just be keeping my eyes out. It's on my want list but I can't justify that crazy pricing!

How much did it go for?

Like I said I'll just be keeping my eyes out. It's on my want list but I can't justify that crazy pricing!

Picked it up a couple of years ago when it was still reasonable. Will admit that $430 price makes you wonder..... hm

How much did it go for?

Picked it up a couple of years ago when it was still reasonable. Will admit that $430 price makes you wonder..... hm

I can't remember how I got my Showcase #97, but actually Showcase #98 is much harder to find. Currently on the census of the three...

Showcase #97 - (21) has been graded.

Showcase #98 - (6 ) has been graded.

Showcase #99 - (10) has been graded.

Also, Showcase #98 ◾ Power Girl gains her Kryptonian birth name (Kara Zor-L), in this issue. Prior to this issue, no one ever called her anything other than "Power Girl" (along with "kid" and "Girly").

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Showcase_Vol_1_98

Untitled_zpsqcthm9ez.jpg

Interesting information vane - I never knew that about 98.

I do have to agree that for whatever reason it seems to be the hardest of the bunch to find in grade. The one I submitted myself came back an 8.0 and I haven't seen many raws I'm confident in trying to grade since then.

And nice copy Silver, not many out there with that nice of centering :thumbsup: