• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where do OA dealers get their OA?

12 posts in this topic

ive always wondered this...like Splash Page art...he nearly always grabs all of Adlards stuff...

SPLASHPAGE reps Adlard, so that is why he is able to have it all to sell.

I would imagine dealers get the older stuff from:

A) collectors using it as trade for something else

B) Trading with other dealers

C) From their own vaults

D) being at conventions constantly (possibly same answer as "B")

E) Craig's list hm

ive always wondered this...like Splash Page art...he nearly always grabs all of Adlards stuff...

SPLASHPAGE reps Adlard, so that is why he is able to have it all to sell.

I would imagine dealers get the older stuff from:

A) collectors using it as trade for something else

B) Trading with other dealers

C) From their own vaults

D) being at conventions constantly (possibly same answer as "B")

E) Craig's list hm

F) Several Dealers advertise all over the place, all the magazines, OSPG, several other publications. Collectors that are not active in the hobby anymore, aren't on CAF, aren't on any of the internet message boards but read OSPG or pick up a magazine will see these dealers advertising that they are buying and they contact those dealers.

Much of the older art resides in collections of guys who stopped collecting before most people on this board STARTED collecting, myself included. I know of several art collections that were acquired by dealers from these collections and collectors.

Man, when I had a private signing with George Tuska before he passed, his wife told me the horror story of how they literally threw away BOXES of George's art because it was just taking up room...I was mortified...he only had a half dozen or so pages left.

I've only been in the business of selling original comic artwork for the last 18 months but I handle the sale of original artwork by - Colin Wilson (Blueberry, Star Wars: Invasion, Judge Dredd, Rogue Trooper, Point Blank, Battler Britton), Nicola Scott (Secret Six, Birds of Prey, Blackest Night: Wonder Woman, WW), Ben Stenbeck (BPRD: Ectoplasmic Man, Witchfinder, Baltimore, Living Dead) and Ardian Syaf (Blackest Night: Batman, Superman/Batman and Green Lantern Corps).

I approached each of them and offered to assist them with the sale of their original art in return for a commission. I handle the scanning, uploading/updating my comicartshop (website coming), pricing, communicating with buyers, packing and posting for that commission/fee.

As art returns come back from DC, Dark Horse, Marvel etc. the artists send the artwork to me for sale. This week, I've received some Tex and Blueberry pages from Colin and I've got shipments of Blackest Night: WW pages coming from Nicola as well as Blackest Night: Phantom Stranger pages, Superman/Batman pages and Brightest Day pages coming from Ardian and Witchfinder and Living Dead pages from Ben *whew* Best,

Royd