• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Display your Spider-Man CGC SS Books & Sketches
10 10

1,369 posts in this topic

Not much activity in this thread lately so I thought I would finally post some scans of books I have had done recently.

The #263 was an undergraded 9.6 in a past life, and I thought so as soon as I saw the slab. One of the better $20 bills I've spent on eBay this year and probably my best Frenz book in my collection in terms of his auto and placement.

The flip side to the bump on the #263 is a .2 drop on my #276, which was even an old label 9.8 and still looks the same save for the auto (a typical Frenz signature that is difficult to read, has he ever signed in anything but black sharpie?).

The #266 was also a .2 drop from a previous 9.8, but that's life. It also didn't change in appearance save for the auto. (I swear they flip a coin at the 9.6/9.8 boundary sometimes.) I am thrilled to have a Sal auto, as he is one of my favorite artists and easily my top Copper artist.

The #280 was my OO copy bought off the rack. My supply of CGC quality OO books is starting to wane, sadly.

Thanks to Sean (NYComics) for getting the Sal book done, and to Rich Henn for the others! I can't recommend them more highly.

ASM263CGCss.jpg

ASM266CGCss.jpg

ASM276CGCss.jpg

ASM280CGCss.jpg

Looks like it is up to me for a bump on this fine thread again. Here are six books I had done by Kevin Boyd in Toronto back in March. Thanks Kevin!

All of them are my OO copies bought off the rack ~20 years ago, and this was my first go at getting some Bagley signatures so I was thrilled to have the opportunity.

The #352 came back only a 9.4, but it is currently the only SS of this issue. The #392 and #410 are tied with one other 9.8, and each of those books represents 25% of the total SS population for those issues.

ASM352CGCss.jpg

ASM362CGCss.jpg

ASM363CGCss.jpg

ASM373CGCss.jpg

ASM392CGCss.jpg

ASM410CGCss.jpg

It has been a good week for packages arriving. Here are two more, both thanks to Par2ch's Milgrom opportunity. The #356 is the lone 9.8, and the #384 is one of only 2 9.8 SS for this issue, which represent the sum total of yellow label copies.

ASM356CGCss.jpg

ASM384CGCss.jpg

Geez, this has basically been my personal thread lately. Surely someone else is getting Spidey books done!

Both of these come courtesy of NYComics' Masters 5 signing. Thanks Sean!

The #177 was a blue label 9.4 in a past life that I got a great deal on, and I'm really happy to add Sinnott to the ASM SS collection. As for the #272, that was formerly a blue 9.8 and my Buscema SS kryptonite continues. And before anyone thinks I am throwing Sean or Sal under the bus that is definitely not the case. The book looks just as good now as it did in the 9.8 holder. I apparently just came up on the wrong side of the coin flip this time.

ASM177CGCss.jpg

ASM272CGCss.jpg

Geez, this has basically been my personal thread lately. Surely someone else is getting Spidey books done!

Both of these come courtesy of NYComics' Masters 5 signing. Thanks Sean!

The #177 was a blue label 9.4 in a past life that I got a great deal on, and I'm really happy to add Sinnott to the ASM SS collection. As for the #272, that was formerly a blue 9.8 and my Buscema SS kryptonite continues. And before anyone thinks I am throwing Sean or Sal under the bus that is definitely not the case. The book looks just as good now as it did in the 9.8 holder. I apparently just came up on the wrong side of the coin flip this time.

ASM177CGCss.jpg

ASM272CGCss.jpg

Don't feel bad..... I had a ASM #230 CGC 9.8 which is the 2nd Juggernaut book go from a blue label 9.8 to a JRJR SS 9.4 and as it's 1 of the harder books 2 get in run it sucked. Book looks f'n identical. Also my 229 went from a 9.8 2 a 9.6 ss. What really sucks about cracking 9.8's is there's a decent chance they'll drop but a very slim chance they'l bump into 9.9 status. Unfortunately that leans ppl 2 sub more 9.4's & 9.6s hoping 4 a bump which is much more likely from that grade platform. We get what we get I suppose. Enjoy your slabs as essentially they are the same book! Also very nice ASM's you've added 2 the thread bro!

Mysterio nice books! Stinks to hear about the 9.8 to 9.6...............perhaps a trip to Joeypost might help that book back up (shrug)

Thanks guys! Sorry to hear about the #229 and 230, those are always tough to take but that is the risk we take when we crack blue labels. I've had decent success upgrading 9.6s to 9.8s (maybe 40% upgrade) and I've yet to have a 9.6 drop on me. :wishluck: I'm sure that streak will end some day. I am about 50/50 on 9.8s dropping. In one case it was very easy to see why the grade dropped (one spine corner was way dinged when I got it back in the 9.6 holder, and it was from a facilitator that others have had issues with that I am not keen to use again), but in all the other cases the 9.6 looked identical to the 9.8 save for the number in the corner.

Sean, like I said above I don't think it is anyone's fault for the grade drop. The books looks IDENTICAL to its 9.8 days and better than several other books I have in 9.8 slabs that I'll never crack because I know they'll never come back as a 9.8. This was just a coin flip, and graders can see the same book as a 9.6 one day and the exact same book as a 9.8 another day. I am happy with the book, and will be sending more your way very soon!

Ok, I will add my two paltry entries. I have a very solid ASM run, just very few graded and/or signed.

My first 'sketch' cover - Non CGC of course...Dan Slott Secret Invasion Sketch and ASM #50 (posted it on another forum) signed by Stan Lee and John Romita.

Also, can someone please tell me how some of you get those wonderful CGC signature series sketches??????

130472.jpg.4c4b79fbd68fec0127b71ca62aafc5c4.jpg

130473.jpg.218f50bd97e4228aa398ac3159086f65.jpg