• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Display your Spider-Man CGC SS Books & Sketches
10 10

1,369 posts in this topic

I got all these done at NYCC with the help of NYComics, thanks Sean! I'm very excited to have gotten these back, especially with the grades they received or kept.

Going in numerical order, this #259 was deslabbed from a 9.8 I picked up cheap on eBay for the purpose of getting it signed. I have seen a few of these with Frenz but can't recall seeing any with DeFalco.

ASM259CGCss.jpg

I always liked the story in #267, and picked up this copy as a slabbed 9.8 from one of Greg Reese's sales threads so I'd have a copy when a SS opportunity became available. I love me some multi-signed books.

ASM267CGCss.jpg

Speaking of multi-signed books, I originally bought this #282 off the rack back in the day and got it signed by Leonardi during last May's Dallas con. I had Sean crack it to add Layton and DeFalco and it held it's grade.

ASM282CGCss.jpg

This #289 was also bought off my LCS rack and has long been a favorite issue. I really like Peter David and am thrilled to have added him to my growing SS collection, especially on an issue that seems to be a little tricky to get in 9.8 based on the census.

ASM289CGCss.jpg

Last but not least, my first SS issue in the 400s. Last I checked this is the first SS to be done of this particular issue. I'll be trying to add more of these late issues to my run.

ASM439CGCss.jpg

I got all these done at NYCC with the help of NYComics, thanks Sean! I'm very excited to have gotten these back, especially with the grades they received or kept.

Going in numerical order, this #259 was deslabbed from a 9.8 I picked up cheap on eBay for the purpose of getting it signed. I have seen a few of these with Frenz but can't recall seeing any with DeFalco.

ASM259CGCss.jpg

I always liked the story in #267, and picked up this copy as a slabbed 9.8 from one of Greg Reese's sales threads so I'd have a copy when a SS opportunity became available. I love me some multi-signed books.

ASM267CGCss.jpg

Speaking of multi-signed books, I originally bought this #282 off the rack back in the day and got it signed by Leonardi during last May's Dallas con. I had Sean crack it to add Layton and DeFalco and it held it's grade.

ASM282CGCss.jpg

This #289 was also bought off my LCS rack and has long been a favorite issue. I really like Peter David and am thrilled to have added him to my growing SS collection, especially on an issue that seems to be a little tricky to get in 9.8 based on the census.

ASM289CGCss.jpg

Last but not least, my first SS issue in the 400s. Last I checked this is the first SS to be done of this particular issue. I'll be trying to add more of these late issues to my run.

ASM439CGCss.jpg

OK I'm envious of the Tom DeFalco Sigs.

I sent a few books to NYC to have his sig added and non of them got added.. :frustrated:.

But There is always next time right?

Just got this back today, signed by Denny O'Neil. It used to be a blue label 9.8, but you win some and lose some. It is some consolation that this book is tied with only one other for top SS of this issue. Only 3 #213s have been SS'd overall.

ASM213CGCssa.jpg

I'll be doing four more copper ASM SS books in New Orleans, can't wait! :banana: