• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fla. man sued for $15k over negative eBay remark

131 posts in this topic

I collect on Judgments all day at work. We have services that provide place of employment and bank information. Kind of like shooting fish in a barrel. Don't think of buying a house either, title insurance will insist that you pay off the matter first.

It is NOT fish in a barrel

What if the guy has no job and income How do you collect off of that??

Kinda tough i think to collect from a guy with no money

Homeless people generally don't have Ebay accounts. Besides, if in the future they ever do have income, you'll get your money then.

I collect on Judgments all day at work. We have services that provide place of employment and bank information. Kind of like shooting fish in a barrel. Don't think of buying a house either, title insurance will insist that you pay off the matter first.

what if the alarm clock was to wake the buyer up for his first day at his brand new job, he didn't get up and lost the job....can he now sue the seller for loss of earnings???

So can we sue now for people who dont go thru on transactions ? :Shrug:

(thumbs u you always could...its a binding contract...just can't see it ever being worthwhile...

Kind of a funny story along those lines..

A long story short

Back about 10 or so years ago I won a Kiss Jackson guitar that was actually owned by Mark St John of Kiss..It was a one of a kind custom Jackson.The very first Strat style jackson guitar. hand made with Kiss tour case all the paperwork from the jackson factory invoice etc.. Had a hand painted Jackson logo on the headstock VERY RARE PIECE The guy had no reserve I won it for like 200 dollars ..Well the guy refused to honor my bid..I contacted my free legal team for Ford and they went after the guy..

Keep in mind as we all know Ebay wasnt the same back then..A lot less traffic

They actually locked up his business until he forked over the guitar which he had no choice but to give it up..

The lawyer called me once in his possesion and asked why i would want a beat up old guitar like this etc etc..

Well I had about 5000 reasons to want it..It is now in some guys collection in sweden. he bought it the same day I called him..Easy 5k

So you can force the contract.its just a matter of if it is worth the hassle In my case with free legal service etc it was a no brainer..I may have even done so without the free legal service it was such a rare piece..

Ho hum story for some of you guys but I thought it was a pretty cool story.. Well for me at least it was.

what if the alarm clock was to wake the buyer up for his first day at his brand new job, he didn't get up and lost the job....can he now sue the seller for loss of earnings???

:signfunny:

Homeless people generally don't have Ebay accounts. Besides, if in the future they ever do have income, you'll get your money then.

Plus interest.

(thumbs u you always could...its a binding contract...just can't see it ever being worthwhile...

A long story short

Back about 10 or so years ago I won a Kiss Jackson guitar that was actually owned by Mark St John of Kiss..It was a one of a kind custom Jackson.The very first Strat style jackson guitar. hand made with Kiss tour case all the paperwork from the jackson factory invoice etc.. Had a hand painted Jackson logo on the headstock VERY RARE PIECE The guy had no reserve I won it for like 200 dollars ..Well the guy refused to honor my bid..I contacted my free legal team for Ford and they went after the guy..

They actually locked up his business until he forked over the guitar which he had no choice but to give it up..

The lawyer called me once in his possesion and asked why i would want a beat up old guitar like this etc etc..

Well I had about 5000 reasons to want it..It is now in some guys collection in sweden. he bought it the same day I called him..Easy 5k

So you can force the contract.its just a matter of if it is worth the hassle In my case with free legal service etc it was a no brainer..I may have even done so without the free legal service it was such a rare piece..

Ho hum story for some of you guys but I thought it was a pretty cool story.. Well for me at least it was.

(shrug) what's KISS??? (shrug)

:jokealert:

A long story short

OK, right...sorta proves my point...so wheres ebay (the company who makes money just off organising these 'online' contracts) in all this? why have they absolutly no liability in 1) allowing someone to sell an item that is simply not as advertised (the clock didn't work) or 2) allowing someone to slander your name in front of hundreds of millions of people whether fairly or not...

i think sooner or later ebay are looking at a defamation lawsuit, or could have even already settled a couple out of court to stp the 'tidal wave'

A long story short

What did you do with the $5000?

A long story short

Hookers, booze and crack...or did you just waste it on comics?

A long story short

Actually I bought a 1972 Gran Torino Sport with it..

LONG time ago..No hookers, plenty of booze though ...

A long story short

:devil: two out of three can't be bad!

I don't know how it ended, but there was a case a while back where someone sued a dry cleaner for thousands of dollars because they lost his suit. It cost the cleaner thousands. They offered to buy the plaintiff a new suit, but he refused.

i believe the guy who sued was some sort of administrative judge and he eventually wound up losing his $100K/yr job because his bosses realized he was a wackadoodle.

so, basically, he drove the dry cleaners out of business and pretty much ruined himself in the process. it's all right here on wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearson_v._Chung

I did not know all of the details. Unbelievable

Thank you (thumbs u

I don't know how it ended, but there was a case a while back where someone sued a dry cleaner for thousands of dollars because they lost his suit. It cost the cleaner thousands. They offered to buy the plaintiff a new suit, but he refused.

i believe the guy who sued was some sort of administrative judge and he eventually wound up losing his $100K/yr job because his bosses realized he was a wackadoodle.

so, basically, he drove the dry cleaners out of business and pretty much ruined himself in the process. it's all right here on wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearson_v._Chung

I did not know all of the details. Unbelievable

Thank you (thumbs u

pathetic!!! - "On June 12, 2007, the trial began. Pearson broke down in tears during an explanation about his frustration after losing his pants, and a short recess had to be declared."

A long story short

:devil: two out of three can't be bad!

best Meatloaf song of all time (close enough) :cloud9:

The seller's feedback shows he has received 343 feedbacks, but has only left 6 for other users. What does that say about him....?

He knows there are a-holes out there who may sue based on feedback comments. (shrug):grin:

The seller's feedback shows he has received 343 feedbacks, but has only left 6 for other users. What does that say about him....?

He knows there are a-holes out there who may sue based on feedback comments. (shrug):grin:

(worship)

lol