• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fla. man sued for $15k over negative eBay remark

131 posts in this topic

I'd chime in with a lawyer joke, but I'm afraid of being sued.

Feel free to chime in, all of these jokes are as fresh as lunch-ables they found in King Tut's tomb.

Sounds like he's ornery enough to sue CGC. lol

don't see why the defendant would even bother with an attorney. heck, this isn't criminal. I wouldn't have even shown up for court.

Then you would have gotten a little thing called a default judgment rammed right where the sun don't shine.

so what

I believe it means you would automatically lose and recieve a judgement to pay the $15,000

don't see why the defendant would even bother with an attorney. heck, this isn't criminal. I wouldn't have even shown up for court.

Then you would have gotten a little thing called a default judgment rammed right where the sun don't shine.

so what

I believe it means you would automatically lose and recieve a judgement to pay the $15,000

it is always - ALWAYS - a great idea, when sued, to just not show up.

genius.

so what

it is always - ALWAYS - a great idea, when sued, to just not show up.

genius.

Classic Legal Defense Strategy...

9122lalala-i-can-t-hear-you-posters.jpg

so what

Plus costs.

so what

Plus costs.

Ask ANY attorney.. Getting a judgement and collecting on one are two different things...

This is typical of the state of our legal system..Give me a break poor guy got a negative feedback BOO HOO

What an azz clown!!

so what

Plus costs.

Ask ANY attorney.. Getting a judgement and collecting on one are two different things...

This is typical of the state of our legal system..Give me a break poor guy got a negative feedback BOO HOO

What an azz clown!!

Agreed. If this clown lawyer wins then buyers will be afraid to leave negative feedback for anyone.

You folks are mixing up 2 concepts: 1) Whether the case has any merits and will prevail at trial. Which is completely separate from 2) If you are sued and don't show up, you run the risk of having a default judgment entered against you. If I have a default judgment, I will take it to where you live and try collect (levy your property or garnish your wages). Then, if you're lucky, you get to fight about whether the first court had jurisdiction over you. If it did, you're screwed. You never get to argue the merits of the case. If it didn't, some courts just accept the case into their system and you get to fight it out in your jurisdiction. Don't answer the claims there and you're screwed. See above.

careful, Chris, or Walt will send you a pm wherein he's not all that nice.

:popcorn:

i believe - believe, mind you, as i am not privy to the inner workings of the man's mind - that he felt as though my post prior was pejorative.

oh, well