• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC9.8 ASM#33

21 posts in this topic

As everyone has said congrats for your grades. The books look super. As I read this thread I started thinking about the grades on books coming back from CGC now compared to a year or two ago. With the popularity of CGC growing as everyone grades every decent looking book they own I was wondering whether the percentage of 9.4 books is starting to diminish relative to the total number of books submitted? Speaking for myself, I was sending in the best books I had once I recognized the trend. With a depleted "high grade" inventory I recently sent in books that I expected to receive a 9.0 (hoping for a touch higher) in expectations that I would get an OK price for the copy now graded. In other words I was taking greater risks for lesser returns.

Anyway, that's my thought which led me back to the original question about the percentage of higher graded books being returned from CGC.

All GPA data since June 2002:

One 9.6 copy of ASM #34 sold in Dec. 2002 for $3,795.00. No other 9.6 copies sold, no higher grade sold.

One 9.6 copy of X-Men #28 sold in Sept. 2002 for $2,950.00. No other 9.6 copies sold, no higher grade sold.

Those are sweet books. Let me know if they are for sale.

Thanks for the compliments.

I have some idea what the ASM 33 is going for...Can someone check with GPA, regarding the prices for 9.6 ASM 34 and 9.6 X Men 28?

Thanks

fantasyfootballbono,

Thank you for the information.

Presently, the (3) CGCs are for my personal collection.

All GPA data since June 2002:

One 9.6 copy of ASM #34 sold in Dec. 2002 for $3,795.00. No other 9.6 copies sold, no higher grade sold.

One 9.6 copy of X-Men #28 sold in Sept. 2002 for $2,950.00. No other 9.6 copies sold, no higher grade sold.

Those are sweet books. Let me know if they are for sale.

Congrads,...that's a hard Spidey book in 9.4,...but 9.8....WoW!!!

I do believe that Spidey 33 is by far the EASIEST book to get in 9.4 or 9.6 in the 1 to 50 run...it was a part of the Mile High 2 warehouse find and is much more plentiful than the other early 60s Spideys, and the CGC census supports this idea. 9.4s sell in the $500-$700 range and 9.6s sell in the $800 to $1200 range

Still, a 9.8 is definitely impressive! cloud9.gif

I do believe that Spidey 33 is by far the EASIEST book to get in 9.4 or 9.6 in the 1 to 50 run...it was a part of the Mile High 2 warehouse find and is much more plentiful than the other early 60s Spideys, and the CGC census supports this idea. 9.4s sell in the $500-$700 range and 9.6s sell in the $800 to $1200 range

You are dead right about ASM 33, but its all relative.

Some buyers go nuts about Bronze and Modern 9.8s, so owning a 9.8 from the Silver Age, even if relatively common is something special.

Congrats captain. grin.gifacclaim.gif

nice books thumbsup2.gif if i remember right ideal collectibles has an amaz spiderman#33 cgc 9.8 double cover they are selling for i think $14,000 shocked.gif

Just under $5K actually:

http://www.ideal808.com/product.asp?CategoryID=88&ID=141

Congrads,...that's a hard Spidey book in 9.4,...but 9.8....WoW!!!

ditto

nice books thumbsup2.gif if i remember right ideal collectibles has an amaz spiderman#33 cgc 9.8 double cover they are selling for i think $14,000 shocked.gif

Just under $5K actually:

http://www.ideal808.com/product.asp?CategoryID=88&ID=141

And I'd go one step further and clarify that they are asking $5,000 for it, not "selling" it for that much. They may like to get that much for it, but it takes two in order for something to "sell". wink.gif But hey, it could happen.