• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC & RAW GOLDEN AGE CLASSIC COVERS, GGA, AND FICTION HOUSE!

538 posts in this topic

Is CGC giving an a forum award for Most Gratuitous Self Bumping this year? I think this thread is a lock.

+1

Jeez, guys. Relax already. He's brought some really good material to the boards. Apparently he's got even more. He's made numerous sales, some very high dollar as well. And people want to see what he's got to offer coming up.

I'll never understand the desire people have to poke newer members to the point where maybe they just won't bother coming back here. Is he bumping it every single day? He's sometimes gone for more than a week before a bump so what's the big, ing deal?

Give it a rest officers.

Is CGC giving an a forum award for Most Gratuitous Self Bumping this year? I think this thread is a lock.

+1

Jeez, guys. Relax already. He's brought some really good material to the boards. Apparently he's got even more. He's made numerous sales, some very high dollar as well. And people want to see what he's got to offer coming up.

I'll never understand the desire people have to poke newer members to the point where maybe they just won't bother coming back here. Is he bumping it every single day? He's sometimes gone for more than a week before a bump so what's the big, ing deal?

Give it a rest officers.

agreed; let me give him a little bump for being a good guy.

Thanks Mike and BP for the support!

I think some of the users who show up in this thread need to understand the amount of effort as well as replying to a zillion PMs is enough for me at my end to try my best to satisfy everyone here.

I am only asking everyone to be patient and I will be putting new stuff up very shortly.

Remember, patience is a virtue ;-)

I understand the sentiments behind why people are against too much bumping, but in this case, i think the quality of the material warrants it. I'm all for enforcing the rules, but I think there has to be some flexibility as well.

Most of the books I've seen here are truly spectacular examples. The Tec 359 is the best copy I've ever seen offered here raw. Very, very nice.

Storm Shadow,

I suggest taking back what you just posted. I am in no way 'bumping' my thread and teasing. Perhaps you never posted a thread like mine?!

I get PMs from users asking the same thing so I put it up in the thread so all can know what is going on.

I don't care how those other uses post their books, that's their business and that's what they prefer to do. Everyone is different.

lol The last person we made these arguments for was BATMANFAN.

That worked out pretty well, don't you think? :baiting:

I know, but I do think we have to be a bit flexible around here Jeff. We don't want to be draconian about it either. Kinda sucks the joy out of it to some degree.

Yeah, but if we are flexible for one person, then the next thing you know the whole asylum wants to eat their lunch outside too.

It also appears to be one of those cases where as long as you have good books then do what you want, which I don't agree with. They are great books for sure, but they aren't the best ever offered here, and it shouldn't matter either way. Do people with low grade Disneys need to sit at the back of the bus?

lol The last person we made these arguments for was BATMANFAN.

That worked out pretty well, don't you think? :baiting:

I know, but I do think we have to be a bit flexible around here Jeff. We don't want to be draconian about it either. Kinda sucks the joy out of it to some degree.

I'm all for fun and games. I just think a few mess-detectors went off about the Exciting Comics he's pushed as not really being water damaged. His unwillingness to answer an easy question just made me a little more suspicious. We've seen too many scammers with once-in-a-life-time books.

Yeah, but if we are flexible for one person, then the next thing you know the whole asylum wants to eat their lunch outside too.

It also appears to be one of those cases where as long as you have good books then do what you want, which I don't agree with. They are great books for sure, but they aren't the best ever offered here, and it shouldn't matter either way. Do people with low grade Disneys need to sit at the back of the bus?

I would say it should apply equally. I think for new sellers overall, we ought to give a bit of slack, so long as they aren't disruptive, deceptive, etc. But I would say that flexibility is a case by case basis -- and if someone is abusive about that flexibility when they are new and never take any steps to correct it, that's different.

This seems to be a genuine attempt by the seller to keep things updated. It doesn't seem as if it's an act to try and circumvent the rules. Most of the posts and updates are directly related to his books he is offering as well. What I will say is that scanning books he's going to slab in his sales thread is probably not a good practice to get into, as that's not the purpose of this thread. Eventually though, the mods seem to take action if there's a huge stray from the rules or the proper forum.

I would say it should apply equally. I think for new sellers overall, we ought to give a bit of slack, so long as they aren't disruptive, deceptive, etc. But I would say that flexibility is a case by case basis -- and if someone is abusive about that flexibility when they are new and never take any steps to correct it, that's different.

This seems to be a genuine attempt by the seller to keep things updated. It doesn't seem as if it's an act to try and circumvent the rules. Most of the posts and updates are directly related to his books he is offering as well. What I will say is that scanning books he's going to slab in his sales thread is probably not a good practice to get into, as that's not the purpose of this thread. Eventually though, the mods seem to take action if there's a huge stray from the rules or the proper forum.

I don't disagree with that, although many of the posts in this thread would really fit better in an announcement thread. Then when a book is actually for sale, then it can be posted here. With a lot of the posts, it was inevitable that the thread get derailed, which is not healthy for the thread from the sellers position in my opinion.

No one has ever bought the book before and returned it?

I'll admit i've not really followed this Exciting Comics storyline. All I know is that I have no problem vouching for Brian.

I spotted his stuff on ebay. Tried him out off ebay with no past history between us, on books that didn't sell through ebay, sending paypal whilst on vacation and taking my chances that I would get screwed. I got to the office and there was my stuff. Easy, peasy. I've since bought other books and had no issues and apparently, numerous others have done so as well.

I don't think the level of quality of books should be a defining factor as to fudging the rules some. But I also think its super rare to find or get new people to join the boards....people that have good stuff and aren't complete flakes or scam artists.

Is he bumping his thread multiple times a day? Every day? Heck, i've seen it hit page 2 at least 2 times.

I don't see anything wrong with his thread. I don't think Brian is actively trying to get one over on the forum rules or anything. I think he's just excited to have found a new community and venue to sell books.

And I for one have no desire to nitpick somebody like him to death over this.

As for the argument that if we let him do whatever it is some of you have your panties in a bind over, that all of a sudden the whole board is going to go nuts and the rules are going to be tossed aside like nothing. To you people, i'd say you have a very low, low opinion of your fellow board members.

I don't disagree with that, although many of the posts in this thread would really fit better in an announcement thread. Then when a book is actually for sale, then it can be posted here. With a lot of the posts, it was inevitable that the thread get derailed, which is not healthy for the thread from the sellers position in my opinion.

I agree. I'm the type that won't post a book unless its ready to be sold. So if anything he can be accused of being exuberant. I can think of a million worse qualities we could find out of newer members.