• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC & RAW GOLDEN AGE CLASSIC COVERS, GGA, AND FICTION HOUSE!

538 posts in this topic

All, the Batmans/Detectives will start to go up this week!!!!!

I am waiting for the mylars from BCE to come in as these are only in bags and backing boards. I want them to have the best protection before I start listing them and shipping them upon being sold.

Here's how 95%+ of them are currently stored:

Detective305001.jpg

Yeah, but if we are flexible for one person, then the next thing you know the whole asylum wants to eat their lunch outside too.

It also appears to be one of those cases where as long as you have good books then do what you want, which I don't agree with. They are great books for sure, but they aren't the best ever offered here, and it shouldn't matter either way. Do people with low grade Disneys need to sit at the back of the bus?

I would say it should apply equally. I think for new sellers overall, we ought to give a bit of slack, so long as they aren't disruptive, deceptive, etc. But I would say that flexibility is a case by case basis -- and if someone is abusive about that flexibility when they are new and never take any steps to correct it, that's different.

This seems to be a genuine attempt by the seller to keep things updated. It doesn't seem as if it's an act to try and circumvent the rules. Most of the posts and updates are directly related to his books he is offering as well. What I will say is that scanning books he's going to slab in his sales thread is probably not a good practice to get into, as that's not the purpose of this thread. Eventually though, the mods seem to take action if there's a huge stray from the rules or the proper forum.

I don't disagree with that, although many of the posts in this thread would really fit better in an announcement thread. Then when a book is actually for sale, then it can be posted here. With a lot of the posts, it was inevitable that the thread get derailed, which is not healthy for the thread from the sellers position in my opinion.

I agree. I'm the type that won't post a book unless its ready to be sold. So if anything he can be accused of being exuberant. I can think of a million worse qualities we could find out of newer members.

+1

I Love me some Comic books myself, so I'm not gonna judge him on that.

Cheetah,

My dad and I are only the second owners of this book and upon closer inspection of the Exciting we could not see the water staining CGC claims to have spotted, only the color bleeding and nothing but truely remarkable page quality.

+1

I Love me some Comic books myself, so I'm not gonna judge him on that.

Wuss. :baiting:

Go ahead and judge him. That's why we all exist here anyway. :grin:

ps: I just now realized that Brian's sinister plan to remain atop the sales forum listings is working like a charm (insert hand-wringing and sinister laugh)

lol! Once the mylars come in this week(I ordered them before the holiday) there will be a huge title wave of Bats/Detectives being posted.

Man, I'm sorry, but many of you just don't know when to be patient, seriously!

To all you users who keep dissing me, I'm sorry you're jealous.

Think what you want of me, I don't care.

lol! Once the mylars come in this week(I ordered them before the holiday) there will be a huge title wave of Bats/Detectives being posted.

Man, I'm sorry, but many of you just don't know when to be patient, seriously!

To all you users who keep dissing me, I'm sorry you're jealous.

Think what you want of me, I don't care.

Brian, just ignore it. The people who are "questioning" your thread are also good people as far as my experience has been. No need to get into a flame war with anybody.

Just post your updates and when you're ready with all your scans and pricing go ahead and fire away.

There's nothing going on here that's such a big deal to get riled up about. Don't let it get to you and just go about your business. (thumbs u

Yeah, but if we are flexible for one person, then the next thing you know the whole asylum wants to eat their lunch outside too.

It also appears to be one of those cases where as long as you have good books then do what you want, which I don't agree with. They are great books for sure, but they aren't the best ever offered here, and it shouldn't matter either way. Do people with low grade Disneys need to sit at the back of the bus?

Yes, I think if someone with low grade crappy books continues to bump his or her thread, we should jump all over him or her. Who wants to look at that crapp?

:)

All, as username spillred just said above, 26 new postings and no new books. You can thank the other stupid users who were trying to hurt my thread/reputation.

As a courtesy and from spillred's perspective as I would feel the same way, I am going to post a few books here shortly.

Let me remind those who wish to antagonize me and/or my thread, keep everything to yourself, did i do anything to your threads?!?! THANK YOU

SHUT THE F*** UP

All, as username spillred just said above, 26 new postings and no new books. You can thank the other stupid users who were trying to hurt my thread/reputation.

As a courtesy and from spillred's perspective as I would feel the same way, I am going to post a few books here shortly.

Let me remind those who wish to antagonize me and/or my thread, keep everything to yourself, did i do anything to your threads?!?! THANK YOU

SHUT THE F*** UP

Brian,

I know you are new here, but stuff like shut the f--- up are not going to carry far. I understand your frustration, but I advise you take the high road.

Thanks Foolkiller for the advice! I know I sometimes interpret what others say as it being very negative when they don't even know me or seen me in person. Anyway I am posting a few Bats/Detectives as I am scanning them now.

Those usernames just sort of stuck out and I was like "why would he/she post something like that?!"

In before the lock! :headbang:

It never works...I see no points in your future.

Evan a blind squirrel finds his nuts sometimes. :wishluck:

SHUT THE F*** UP

doh! Reputation?

SHUT THE F*** UP

doh! Reputation?

Who are you to judge anyone? Divad

Okay guys, here's the rules on the Batmans/Detectives going forward.

Since these are my dad's, please understand I am posting these on his behalf and it is out of my control.

So, READ HIS RULES:

1. He is not accepting offers, any PMs will be deleted pertaining to this. Each book will have a price and that is what it will be sold at, nothing more.

2. If you have any questions please ask me. I am here to help assist you in anyway I can.(I think most of you who have bought from me already can back me on this)

3. Many of these books have been bought over the years either at the newsstand or comic dealers/shows/shops.

4. For those who intend to purchase more than one issue or as some call it 'start a pile' - I will keep a log of the users so these are kept on track whoever purchases multiple issues. From that point I will decide the time frame and structure they can pay me.