• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thedude's C2E2 Chicago con report. (a few pics)

28 posts in this topic

had a blast talking and hanging out with a bunch of boardies.

Me and my girlfriend (Tracie) shared a room with Buck Biggins, Shiverbones, and Buck's nephew.

a fun time, I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard at crazy shenanigans.

Buck (Andrew) was like Batman, one minute he would be there in the room, then he would disappear without saying a word, and we'd all be like "where'd Andrew go".

had lunch and dinner with Borock and a bunch of boardies.

bought some stuff, sold some stuff.

great time, but VERY pricey hotel, parking, food, etc.

oh well, nobody likes a boring con report, so "onto the pics"

me, Ivy and Spider-woman

HPIM0645.jpg

Wonder Woman

HPIM0646.jpg

Batmobile.

HPIM0647.jpg

Tracie with the Love and Capes guy.

HPIM0657.jpg

Tracie with Batman

HPIM0660.jpg

Jeff Smith signing stuff.

HPIM0663.jpg

Tracie with Jeff Smith

HPIM0667.jpg

a few more con costumed individuals.

HPIM0668.jpg

here are my purchases.

got this from Durden08 (Brian) thanks Brian, love this one.

"look Ma, no dust shadow"

ActionComics40.jpg

got this from MCMiles, thanks Mike!

Action63fvf.jpg

funny story behind this Capt. Marvel Adventures #17. I've always loved this cover, but could never bring myself to sink any real money into a Fawcett book, so a decent low grade (cheap) copy is what I've been looking for, saw this one passing by a booth marked at $88. So I haggled with the guy trying to get it for $60, the lowest he would go was $70, so I told him I'd think about it. then later I gave Tracie my $60 bucks and told her to go over there and try to get it for me for $60, as she loves to wheel and deal, it took some effort but she was able to get it for $62.75. lol I'm very happy with it.

CMA17.jpg

also bought a very nice Action #42 from Ted at Superworld, although I didn't get to bring that one home. I paid half and Ted is letting me time pay the rest. I thought I had brought enough $ to the con, but Tracie got a 3 item package deal from a woman who had a booth selling leather corsetts, one red, one blue, and a smaller black and white one.(which she is wearing the blue one in the pics above). and she needed a few extra bucks to complete the deal, I didn't mind at all. :)

the best part was hanging out with my comic friends, just a wonderful time.

Alton

I see Tracie got boned.

It was nice meeting up with you guys at Trader Vic's for dinner. :)

+1

For once I know what it feels to be in the oven at resaurant. Good times though. Especially shiverbones limbo dance. :roflmao:

:acclaim: THIS IS TRACIE, I NOT ONLY GOT BONED ONCE BUT I GOT BONED TWICE! BY THE WAY MY KIDS LOVE THEM.

Thanks for "picking" me up a nice glass at Trader Vic's. It goes well with my other 2 from Atlanta.

Sharing a room with 4 other people could not have been more fun. You guys were a blast.

Now find a way to upload the video of Matthew and Alton dancing.

:acclaim: THIS IS TRACIE, I NOT ONLY GOT BONED ONCE BUT I GOT BONED TWICE! BY THE WAY MY KIDS LOVE THEM.

Thanks for "picking" me up a nice glass at Trader Vic's. It goes well with my other 2 from Atlanta.

Sharing a room with 4 other people could not have been more fun. You guys were a blast.

Now find a way to upload the video of Matthew and Alton dancing.

no problem, you are very welcome, it was the least we could do. plus your nephew helped us.

I'm pretty jealous of that Action 40. That is a gorgeous looking copy! Great report, Alton :)

thanks Mike. yeah I've had nothing but bad luck with Action #40. my first copy I had came back 6.0 TAN to off-white pages. so I dumped it. then the next copy came back 2.5 BRITTLE pages. so I dumped it. then one day I saw what looked like a 5.0/6.0 or so on eBay, won the auction, get the book, it was in an old "Fortress" so I left it in there for about 3 months without checking out the insides, so fast forward 3 months later when I finally get around to sending it to CGC, I open it up look inside and an interior page had been ripped out and taped back in using two pieces of scotch tape. doh! book came back a CGC 3.0 crm/off-white. so I dumped it.

but I think this one is my keeper. finally. :grin: