• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some odds and ends for sale. SA/BA and a GA piece.

102 posts in this topic

Going to add a book.

Tomb Of Dracula #1 raw 9.6. this is a really gorgeous book and I'll basically guarantee a 9.6 grade with white pages. Back cover is literally perfect, front cover has a few tiny spine ticks and a tiny fleck at the top of the spine. Book is just stunning and bright and white. This is not a 9.8 and it's not a 9.4. Full refund (2 way shipping and cost of comic if not happy). Asking $500 with full satisfaction guarantee.

TOD19_6.jpg

That's Billy Squire cool!!

Louise just recognized the TOD as a green dress cover. Somebody please buy it.

:cry:

I'll refund the CGC fees too if it doesn't come back 9.6

hm

Daredevil #7 7.5 nice looking book for the grade. Has a back cover staple tear which is a very common production defect for this book. This particular book is the production defect king as almost every copy exhibits 2-3 of the following defects...roller marks across the logo, ink transfer between copies, top staple tears and right edge pre chipping. Asking $250 for one of my favorite books of all time.

DD77_5.jpg

Back cover scan?

Daredevil #7 7.5 nice looking book for the grade. Has a back cover staple tear which is a very common production defect for this book. This particular book is the production defect king as almost every copy exhibits 2-3 of the following defects...roller marks across the logo, ink transfer between copies, top staple tears and right edge pre chipping. Asking $250 for one of my favorite books of all time.

DD77_5.jpg

Back cover scan?

It's nice and clean.

Daredevil77_5b.jpg

Nice enough book.

Yup, and that staple tear is production related. I've seen it on many higher grade copies.

Nice enough book.

Yup, and that staple tear is production related. I've seen it on many higher grade copies.

Does that mean it causes less of a hit on the grade?

I believe so with CGC any way.

I've seen books come back 9.6 with a production tear on the staple (ASM #42 is another very common book with that defect) but it always depends on the size of the defect.

There really are many ways to grade a book and there is no real standard but since this is a CGC forum and they seem to have the biggest influence on the way people grade their own books I just grade them the way I think CGC will grade them (to the best of my ability).

If someone disagrees with the grade that's cool.

(thumbs u

For what it's worth, I think you're a very tight grader and you're one of a very small handful of boardies who I would buy a book from sight unseen (thumbs u

Casey

I disagree with Roy all the time, and we get along. If I wasnt committed to another book right now we would be playing "lets make a deal".

(thumbs u

For what it's worth, I think you're a very tight grader and you're one of a very small handful of boardies who I would buy a book from sight unseen (thumbs u

Casey

Thanks for the kind words!