• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGX

71 posts in this topic

Mint books in PGX slabs stink worse than the Twilight movies. The inner well isn't very tight at all and the book floats around in postal transit. I bought two "Platinum" mint books and both books came to me sideways inside their holders. It took a couple of bangs on the holder's corner to get the book alligned better. But by then, this "PGX 10" had noticable scuffing on it from sliding around inside. How do I send something like that to be reholdered, when it's just gonna come back the same way? CGC has a better constructed well, for minty books that holds the book tighter, with perfectly placed wedges to protect the book even more. CGC is the best at everything as far as I am concerned.

...on a side-note, the Locke & Key #5 PGX "Platinum" 10 I bought had two very noticable spots of chipping on it too :o

Dude, no disrespect but, I own a few Platinum PGX...and even if I get booooooooed here....no, they don't move around like you said...geez...

I have cracked from PGX and CGC to one another, the results have been pretty consistent most of the time....although I prefer CGC, I would say that PGX is still good for certain books....most of my Mexican unknowns, are in PGX, as they are way cheaper to slab....CGC is good but, PGX is NOT worthless......there is quality!

I have a PGX Miracleman #1 9.8 that is all wavy and I would never call it a 9.8. I don't want it in my collection but I have no idea what to do with it. The last thing I want is to pull one over on somebody by selling it on ebay as a legit 9.8 even if the grading company is known for being awful.

Sell it on ebay, but put in the listing "in your opinion you don't feel it is a 9.8" big enough that people see it. If a person buys it, then it is out of your collection and you are being honest about it. I've seen someone sell an item that way before and I thought it was cool that they listed it in that manner.

I'm going to do just that. (thumbs u

Good advice, thanks.

Mint books in PGX slabs stink worse than the Twilight movies. The inner well isn't very tight at all and the book floats around in postal transit. I bought two "Platinum" mint books and both books came to me sideways inside their holders. It took a couple of bangs on the holder's corner to get the book alligned better. But by then, this "PGX 10" had noticable scuffing on it from sliding around inside. How do I send something like that to be reholdered, when it's just gonna come back the same way? CGC has a better constructed well, for minty books that holds the book tighter, with perfectly placed wedges to protect the book even more. CGC is the best at everything as far as I am concerned.

...on a side-note, the Locke & Key #5 PGX "Platinum" 10 I bought had two very noticable spots of chipping on it too :o

Dude, no disrespect but, I own a few Platinum PGX...and even if I get booooooooed here....no, they don't move around like you said...geez...

I have cracked from PGX and CGC to one another, the results have been pretty consistent most of the time....although I prefer CGC, I would say that PGX is still good for certain books....most of my Mexican unknowns, are in PGX, as they are way cheaper to slab....CGC is good but, PGX is NOT worthless......there is quality!

That doesn't invalidate his experience though. He's saying they can and do shift. Your experience is different. Doesn't make him wrong.

If you think that comics in any slab (CGC or PGX) can't move around in the slab, you're fooling yourself.

aa16.jpg

Fifty Dollars seems like a pretty good deal if it comes with an AA16. hm

well, if you like that one, how about this one... I still like the fortress, but all these books were eventually cgc'd

fortress.jpg

That doesn't invalidate his experience though. He's saying they can and do shift. Your experience is different. Doesn't make him wrong.

If you think that comics in any slab (CGC or PGX) can't move around in the slab, you're fooling yourself.

what..if you shake them...

aa16.jpg

Fifty Dollars seems like a pretty good deal if it comes with an AA16. hm

well, if you like that one, how about this one... I still like the fortress, but all these books were eventually cgc'd

fortress.jpg

(worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship)

I have a PGX Miracleman #1 9.8 that is all wavy and I would never call it a 9.8. I don't want it in my collection but I have no idea what to do with it. The last thing I want is to pull one over on somebody by selling it on ebay as a legit 9.8 even if the grading company is known for being awful.

You should see about having the "wavy" pressed out. ;) =10.0 ?