• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

May CLINK auctions

68 posts in this topic

RADC91892010325_134554.jpg

Keep. Away.

Is that a lion with the head of a half of a gorilla's body????:ohnoez:

Who cares. I don't even look at the comic. I just need the #

:insane:

Who are you kidding :eyeroll:

Your all about that strategic button placement on the circus girl :baiting:

I just noticed your name is fantastic four, and your whole sig line is spiderman lol

And yes.....you need this books jib

That your book? :gossip:

Changed my sig line to FFs just for you! :foryou: I don't have my FFs visible via the Registry because they're so much harder to find than Spideys...FF collectors who read the forums can pretty much figure out what I have though, I rotate them in my sig a lot.

Most of us don't have sigs on.

:baiting:

Holy carp...

RADA09E5201049_1197.jpg

Was this a 9.4 when it sold on Heritage?

Heritage archives show that it sold as an old label 9.4 in 2002, but without the Denver notation. (shrug)

Mike

Excellent. Might have to consider making a run at it then.

They've made their decision to miss out and that's just the way it goes...sigs are worth being on solely to see Dice's sig line. ^^

They've made their decision to miss out and that's just the way it goes...sigs are worth being on solely to see Dice's sig line. ^^

True enough...

Holy carp...

RADA09E5201049_1197.jpg

Heritage archives show that it sold as an old label 9.4 in 2002, but without the Denver notation. (shrug)

Mike

Sold for $36,800 in 2002. I guess I understand the high price he's been asking.

Holy carp...

RADA09E5201049_1197.jpg

Mike

Sold for $36,800 in 2002. I guess I understand the high price he's been asking.

I am always surprised Planet #1 is not more expensive when you look at the average price per book in the run. It also seems to be a pretty widely collected run.

I remember missing out on a copy on the boards last year, really well priced copy :frustrated: At least I got some other nice books to make up for it.

Bruce

Ouch...this one hurts. ???

RAD824242010423_12546.jpg

That's bizarre...that chip must have been hanging on by a hair when encapsulated, it's hard to imagine what kind of shaking would break it loose like that unless it was extremely close to coming apart already. Very interesting as to whether or not that should affect the grade. hm

I just noticed your name is fantastic four, and your whole sig line is spiderman lol

And yes.....you need this books jib

That your book? :gossip:

Changed my sig line to FFs just for you! :foryou: I don't have my FFs visible via the Registry because they're so much harder to find than Spideys...FF collectors who read the forums can pretty much figure out what I have though, I rotate them in my sig a lot.

You must enjoy seeing our posts ......IN THE NUDE !!!

Looks like the edge of the cover got wedged between the top/bottom well and pulled away as the book shifted inside the well. You can see another small Marvel tear next to "has", so I assume the dislodged piece started out as a small Marvel tear which is now a full-blown Marvel chip. Since CGC doesn't downgrade much for chipping, I'm not sure what the effect on grade would be. Have you seen chips like this out on 8.0+ early SA Marvels?

I'm looking forward to selling a couple of books in this auction It will be my first time selling tthrough any of the auction houses.. In trade, I hope to pick up a few nice Actions. :wishluck:

Looks like the edge of the cover got wedged between the top/bottom well and pulled away as the book shifted inside the well. You can see another small Marvel tear next to "has", so I assume the dislodged piece started out as a small Marvel tear which is now a full-blown Marvel chip. Since CGC doesn't downgrade much for chipping, I'm not sure what the effect on grade would be. Have you seen chips like this out on 8.0+ early SA Marvels?

Not on 8.0 and up books, no. Highest I can remember off-hand is the Pacific Coast AF15 CGC 6.5 that's missing multiple chips off the right side. This one is far better than that, so 7.0/7.5 doesn't seem out of the question given that the rest of the book looks so nice.

Not on 8.0 and up books, no. Highest I can remember off-hand is the Pacific Coast AF15 CGC 6.5 that's missing multiple chips off the right side. This one is far better than that, so 7.0/7.5 doesn't seem out of the question given that the rest of the book looks so nice.

I'd say that 7.5 is a reasonable grade for this book based on what I have seen from CGC.

I owned the WM JIM #90 which was a 9.4 book with one missing chip (about half this size) and it was graded a CGC 8.0

Is it possible that the piece was seperated before it was slabbed and CGC included the piece in the slab?