• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

group shot thread
13 13

1,838 posts in this topic

Complete Strange Worlds set. :cloud9:

b05854ea09b78d8a13dedb3f535e38e1_zpsf6d96052.jpg[/img]

And a VERY nice set at that! (worship)

I've only had the pleasure of seeing a #1 issue in hand and that was a severely beat up copy I found at a flea market when I lived in Illinois.

I've had these, so these aren't new but since I did a group shot for my Scarecrows

Thought I'd take pics of these:

My three favorite DD books:

(#18 is my fourth favorite, but only designed the built in book case to hold three slabs in each top compartment:(

IMG_1044_zps35f5687f.jpg

My other two favorite Super Heroes behind DD.

First three appearances of them respectively. As many know my #57 is the Curator:

IMG_1026_zps79332c49.jpg

IMG_1032_zpscf57b044.jpg

I've had these, so these aren't new but since I did a group shot for my Scarecrows

Thought I'd take pics of these:

My three favorite DD books:

(#18 is my fourth favorite, but only designed the built in book case to hold three slabs in each top compartment:(

IMG_1044_zps35f5687f.jpg

My other two favorite Super Heroes behind DD.

First three appearances of them. As many know my #57 is the Curator:

IMG_1026_zps79332c49.jpg

IMG_1032_zpscf57b044.jpg

Man, those books are really nice. I'm trying to find a DD #23 CGC 9.4 or higher and failing! :cry: Its a hard book to find in grade as there are only 21 graded at 9.4 or above and I don't think people sell them!

Thank-you guys!! :headbang:

Man I wish you the best of luck on that #23. It is indeed, one of the truly hard ones to find in 9.4 or above!!

For me, I would put it in my top 5 of longest to obtain. Actually, all I wanted was a 9.4 and EXACTLY like you noted, they don't fricken surface that often! So I when I saw this was coming to market - I was going to win the book no matter what. lol! Glad it wasn't a 9.8!!

I won it in the tail end of 2010, and of course oddly enough, there was some 9.4s maybe another 9.6 that came for sale or auction in 2011. I want to say at least three copies in 11&12. Prior to this RM one, I had not seen any, anywhere for a couple years.

Again man, for someone who wants one and has looked high and low for one, like it sounds you do - I hope one surfaces for you.

If you look through the DD thread, Ghost town (he is honestly an invaluable DD resource) gave an awesome breakdown of what he struggled in finding to complete his whole set.

I can't recall where he ranked #23, but it was up there for him too.

It will happen for you my man. When it does it will probably be like me and when it rains it pours.

Thank-you guys!! :headbang:

Man I wish you the best of luck on that #23. It is indeed, one of the truly hard ones to find in 9.4 or above!!

For me, I would put it in my top 5 of longest to obtain. Actually, all I wanted was a 9.4 and EXACTLY like you noted, they don't fricken surface that often! So I when I saw this was coming to market - I was going to win the book no matter what. lol! Glad it wasn't a 9.8!!

I won it in the tail end of 2010, and of course oddly enough, there was some 9.4s maybe another 9.6 that came for sale or auction in 2011. I want to say at least three copies in 11&12. Prior to this RM one, I had not seen any, anywhere for a couple years.

Again man, for someone who wants one and has looked high and low for one, like it sounds you do - I hope one surfaces for you.

(thumbs u

Ok -bought a collection today. He bought issues 45 and up off the stand and filled in the rest at shows in th 70's. Books 45 and up are beautiful with the occasional exception. Paid 12 bucks for the AF 15 in the 70's Stay tuned for the rest of the long box!

o8mpCCn.png

65ArsuL.png

t2lKuoB.png

Ok -bought a collection today. He bought issues 45 and up off the stand and filled in the rest at shows in th 70's. Books 45 and up are beautiful with the occasional exception. Paid 12 bucks for the AF 15 in the 70's Stay tuned for the rest of the long box!

o8mpCCn.png

65ArsuL.png

t2lKuoB.png

very nice acquisition. Sometimes I miss my complete ASM run.