• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

group shot thread
13 13

1,838 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I am going to start posting my silver Marvel collection as I finish off series. I have a bunch of books to get shots up for, but will start with the good Doctor as my 169 slab came in today. I just love these covers.

image_zps3aadc1b2.jpg

0818a42f-bf77-4361-9807-4281b8a281a1_zpsda2f912b.jpg

image_zps3e16c2cb.jpg

Glad to have this set put together, need to upgrade a couple of issues and will always be on the lookout for more 169's.

More to come...

Cheers,

Cole

Why do you have so many 169s? Now I know where they are all at. lol

Why do you have so many 169s? Now I know where they are all at. lol

I have been known to hoard...

Cheers,

Cole

I use to do the same thing. I had like 10 copies of action 252 before it became expensive. The sad thing was I began selling them. I am down to 2 copies and I actually regret not keeping some of them.

Hi all,

I am going to start posting my silver Marvel collection as I finish off series. I have a bunch of books to get shots up for, but will start with the good Doctor as my 169 slab came in today. I just love these covers.

image_zps3aadc1b2.jpg

0818a42f-bf77-4361-9807-4281b8a281a1_zpsda2f912b.jpg

Very nice Doctor Strange group, Cole. (thumbs u

image_zps3e16c2cb.jpg

Glad to have this set put together, need to upgrade a couple of issues and will always be on the lookout for more 169's.

More to come...

Cheers,

Cole

Very nice Doctor Strange group, Cole. :thumbsup:

Thanks Ryan,

Let's go with A few Silver age Fury's for round two.

image_zps708d01f8.jpg

image_zpsff9eef07.jpg

image_zps16b97627.jpg

Last but not least, my nicest raw Nick Fury #1 has a sweet Steranko sig on the splash page. Too bad I managed a to add a tape pull on the back cover...colourful language that night.

GetAttachmentaspx_zps5c189e21.jpg

More to come...

Cheers,

Cole

Edited by Porter

reunited...and it feels so good...

DD 1-3 Suscha News copies. I grabbed #1 and #3 when they came to market. #2 eluded me until this week.

DD_suschanews.jpg

[font:Book Antiqua]Well done Sir...[/font]

:golfclap:

Here is a new group shot that I am sure you will all enjoy.

Space War 1-34 complete at last.

This has been a long time coming.

I bought issue #34 off the shelf in 1979 and just got the last 2 I needed from Zzutak.

I had prevously told him that I was missing a couple of issues and that they never turn up here in the UK, he saw them and grabbed them for me off ebay US, I mean, how great is that.

Thanks Jay (worship)(worship)(worship)

SpaceWar1-34.jpg

Here is a new group shot that I am sure you will all enjoy.

Space War 1-34 complete at last.

This has been a long time coming.

I bought issue #34 off the shelf in 1979 and just got the last 2 I needed from Zzutak.

I had prevously told him that I was missing a couple of issues and that they never turn up here in the UK, he saw them and grabbed them for me off ebay US, I mean, how great is that.

Thanks Jay (worship)(worship)(worship)

SpaceWar1-34.jpg

Very cool! That's a great run! Congrats!!

Awesome shot! :headbang::headbang:

I’ve always felt that Space War was one of the best Silver Age sci-fi titles. So many great covers (by Ditko and others) and so many imaginative stories. I have fond memories of reading the 10-cent issues as a kid. Kev, I admire your old-school approach to collecting. It was a pleasure helping you finish the last mile of your 35-year quest.

(worship)