• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

advice needed on SA collection

35 posts in this topic

ok, here goes, my stepfather recently revealed he has a comic collection from when he was a kid (he's 62) says they are late 50's to early 60's superhero and western titles. will venture a guess at 5.0ish according to description. what's the market like for these? given that i have no clue what he has in the way of keys. but he said superhero titles were mostly superman, batman, flash and green lantern. was wondering if my general estimate was 3-5 bucks each before commission was a decent goal?

It sounds like most of his books would be 10 centers = the value should be a lot higher than than 5.00 each. A few keys like a Showcase 22 in 5.0 alone would hit the jackpot. However, if they are mostly westerns then perhaps 5.00 is reasonable.

Can't he take an inventory for you ?

well he's gonna drop them off soon, and i figured it would be more fair to both of us if we worked out my rate before knowing if there was a goldmine lol

Seems like the opposite is true. If his books end up not being worth much, then your commission needs to be higher to be fair to the work you'll have to do, but if they're worth quite a bit, your commission needs to be lower to be fair to him.

Sure would be a great place to start.

Well graded, well priced books do well.

All the good stuff... :takeit: GOD BLESS...

cherry pickin' jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

If it's in the fine range....I'd be interested in the one with Superman pointing a giant golden key at a door in an icy mountain, or the purple one with Superman and some green dude with plugs sticking in to his head. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

ok, here goes, my stepfather recently revealed he has a comic collection from when he was a kid (he's 62) says they are late 50's to early 60's superhero and western titles. will venture a guess at 5.0ish according to description. what's the market like for these? given that i have no clue what he has in the way of keys. but he said superhero titles were mostly superman, batman, flash and green lantern. was wondering if my general estimate was 3-5 bucks each before commission was a decent goal?

You may have some cool superheroes key issues. Look for titles like Showcase for DC and if there are many of them...it will be $$$