• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The review is in! IRON MAN II Is a STINKER!

332 posts in this topic

I follow Rotten Tomatoes pretty closely and generally a movie starts out at the very beginning with higher scores than what it ends up with. Very few movies hold the percentage as more and more reviews come in. The ones that do are usually exceptionally good movies, for example Pixar movies are one example. Revenge of the Sith, for the first 20 reviews or so was scoring about mid 90%, after it was all said and don I think it settled in the low 80% range, still a good score nonetheless. The lower the percentage at the very beginning the farther it falls in the end. I've seen movies start out in the 70% range end up around 20%.

So a 77% review is only going to get worse, probably much worse. I bet it falls below 60 maybe even 50 before it's over.

Empire Magazine gave the movie 3/5

"Rourke and Rockwell make satisfying, complementary villains, while Downey Jr. delivers again. Shame this sequel feels inessential, over-busy and a little, well, mechanical. Nothing they can't put right for Iron Man 3."

yes, saw this earlier today. the three reviews up on metacritic are all pans. i'm bummed- had expected them to get this right again. oh, and won't make much difference for domestic box office. will likely hit $400mm.

saw the movie or the reviews?

I've been worried about this movie from the get go. They got greedy just like they did in X-men 3 and Spider-Man 3. They got way to many characters and story lines going on at the same time. Spider Man 3 could have been 3 different movies if they tried. X-men 3 could have been 2 different movies if they were patient. Iron Man 2 has introduced War Machine, Black Widow and Nick Fury into the mix all at one time..to many story lines going on there. Iron Man's and War Machine's interaction and relationship could have been a movie all on it's own.

People get there hopes up, Ironman 1 and Darknight/Batman Begins have been the very rare exceptions of great superhero movies, most our mediocre like FF/Daredevil. plus its going to be hard to compete against the Avatar Experience. Ironman 2 special effects were pre-Avatar.

People get there hopes up, Ironman 1 and Darknight/Batman Begins have been the very rare exceptions of great superhero movies, most our mediocre like FF/Daredevil. plus its going to be hard to compete against the Avatar Experience. Ironman 2 special effects were pre-Avatar.

:sick:

I'll wait for rotten tomatoes to weigh in before I get worried.

That's the only review site I use.

They have a T.V.Show now on Current. (Dish network channel #196)

Part of it is high expectations and part of it is wanting to see something new and fresh.

If this movie has that nice magic with Downey and the crew (and I think it does) and simply comes close to Iron Man in superhero goodness then that will be enough for me.

It'll still be in the top 98% out of all Superhero movies that have ever been made.

Part of it is high expectations and part of it is wanting to see something new and fresh.

If this movie has that nice magic with Downey and the crew (and I think it does) and simply comes close to Iron Man in superhero goodness then that will be enough for me.

It'll still be in the top 98% out of all Superhero movies that have ever been made.

Good luck with that. The RT positive reviews are pretty lukewarm, with one or two exceptions. Almost all of them indicate a letdown of a film.